Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

I look forward hearing the response after HP contacts you. Very friendly but how many poeple does it take to have a broken left hand hinge on their G7 laptop before somebody in the HP engineering group finally admits there is a problem with the laptop, not the user. It's really apretty easy fix folks, buy an Apple or a Dell next time. 

HP Recommended

Same issue here g7-2270us. Left side of case splitting and pulling away, causing plastic vents by fan to break off. This must be my 6th HP laptop, thinking about making a switch, we'll see what they offer, I'll post back. 

HP Recommended

@kellter

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.
Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum.

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

I have the same left hand hinge issue. I am afraid pieces of broken plastic have caused my cooling fan to stop. Please let me know what HP can do about this.

HP Recommended

@JJparis

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

Purchased the HP Pavillion for my son last September for his birthday, and the left hinge has also pulled apart.  Would like to know my options from HP to fix this.  Only one year old and only used in his room!

HP Recommended

@rfwv

If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

Has HP recalled this yet or do they still want $300 to fix their mistake? I've been pondering using the laptop for target practice since I last posted this summer, and would like to see if anything has changed before putting it out of it's misery.

HP Recommended

I would love for someone to contact me about the left hinge issue, please.

It would be great for hp to have a post that everyone with this issue could find since there are multiple threads about it some over 30 pages worth of people all with this same problem. 

HP Recommended
I have yet to hear from HP on this issue even though it has been reported.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.