Built In webcam stopped working (13361 Views)
Honor Student
abantell
Message 1 of 16 (13,361 Views)

Built In webcam stopped working

Hello,

I don't use the webcam often, but I do use it.  It had been working fine, and then I took my computer to San Diego and back to my home via a plane (where it was turned off for travel).  It took awhile to get the computer to boot up (I figured static, and I did the static discharge which I ended up doing 3 times before my computer loaded, and now it turns on and off fine).  However, my computer isn't finding my webcam.  I've downloaded the driver again but to no avail.  The device manager doesn't find it.  I do the search for new hardware and it doesn't appear.  I have a Pavilion dv6646us with Windows Vista 32 bit system.  Any ideas or suggestions how to get the computer to find my integrated web cam?  Thanks

Grad Student
Reikableu
Message 2 of 16 (13,294 Views)

Re: Built In webcam stopped working

this might be a little weird but this can help, i hope.

your webcam is connected to a sort of a usb port from inside so please try these steps...

1. Click “Start”, type “REGEDIT” (without quotation marks) in the “Search” bar and press Enter.
Note: If UAC (User Account Control) pops up, please accept it.
2. Right click “Computer” (the root node) in the left pane, click “Export” under the “File” menu, choose “All” under “Export range”, and select “Desktop”
in the “Save” in box and type backup in “File Name”. Click “Save”.
Note: The backup file is on the Desktop and named backup.reg. We can simply restore the registry by double-clicking the backup.reg file.
3. Click “Start”, type “REGEDIT” (without quotation marks) in the “Search” bar and press Enter again.
4. Locate the “UpperFilters” value under the following key in the registry:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{36FC9E60-C465-11CF-8056-444553540000}
5. On the “Edit” menu, click “Delete”, and then click “OK”.
6. Locate the “LowerFilters” value under the same key in the registry:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{36FC9E60-C465-11CF-8056-444553540000}
7. On the “Edit” menu, click “Delete”, and then click “OK”.
8. Quit Registry Editor and restart the computer.

copied from microsoft website credits to: Afzal-Microsoft Support.

~reikableu~
...KUDO's to me and if this resolves the issue, please tag this as "AcceptedSolution"
~I MAYBE working for HP Consumer Notebook Support but any opinion stated are not at anyways connected to those of HP.~
Honor Student
abantell
Message 3 of 16 (13,291 Views)

This may have worked, i don't know-- seems reasonable as a USB stopped being recognized. However, my motherboard died last week so I know have a new computer.  THank you

Honor Student
ashok_4u
Message 4 of 16 (12,846 Views)

sir it can not work it show u can't delete it when  i open webcam it shows this error...warning

you cam cannot connect to your webcam(hp webam -101).try selecting
another capture device within settings,or close any applications that may be
using this webcam and then restart youcam.how can i fix it please help me>>i have hp pavilion g6 1209ax laptop

Honor Student
Webcam101Error
Message 5 of 16 (12,721 Views)

I have same problem. It worked fine few days ago and then I got message that one of my USB things stopped responding. Tried to update it from device manager screen- but it says its up to date.
Tried to restore system- still theres yellow (!) mark next to that driver. It's prolly driver for my webcam, but i can't seem to fix it.
Using HP 630 laptop.
Webcam thats integr. in it is Hp 101.
No program can recognize it, simply... it does not exist on my laptop anymore.
What should i do? thanks !

Student
mivizia
Message 6 of 16 (12,176 Views)

i don't now why my webcam stop working i am so angry. it was worknig fine but thene someday i was wonna to open web camera but it ddon't wonna too open

Top Student
petrove
Message 7 of 16 (10,711 Views)

Hi all

This is the fix for your problem, I had the same problem with packard bell.

Go to start and type cmd , but do it as administrator

Type in cmd

sfc /scannow

it takes a few minutes .

Then shut down your laptop , disconnect power , disconnect battery

wait 30 minutes .

Then boot your laptop now will the camera show in your device manager .

And is your problem fixed.

Then install your  webcam software eventuallt update your driver if you find it.

Now you can enjoy your webcam

greetz

petrove

Honor Student
chacci
Message 8 of 16 (7,370 Views)

[ Edited ]

I followed your steps outlined, unplugged and removed the battery, waited 30 minutes restarted but my cam still doesn't show up in device manager. MY OS is Vista 64 bit. HP Notebook G60. I also tried highlighting an item in device manager and then Action, Scan for hardwate changes. But still no cam found or listed. any other suggestions...I am stumped. Thanks in advance

Top Student
petrove
Message 9 of 16 (7,353 Views)

Hi

Is in your bios selected usb devices on.

Check everything with usb is on.

regards 

petrove

Honor Student
chacci
Message 10 of 16 (7,332 Views)

not sure how to do that can you guide me. MY OS is Vista 64 bit. Thanks for the quick reply earlier!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation