Buzzing sound from laptop (2335 Views)
Top Student
qweiop
Message 1 of 5 (2,335 Views)

Buzzing sound from laptop

i have a HP g32 laptop and it has a soft but high pitched buzzing sound coming from the laptop. its not the fan's sound.

the sound is kinda like tiiiiiiiii. 

the sound is constantly there. when using adapter and battery.

Tutor
tfmc08
Message 2 of 5 (2,313 Views)

Re: Buzzing sound from laptop

[ Edited ]

My tx2 does the exact same thing but mine only does it on the battery with the built-in microphone enabled. I find that checking "Listen to this device" under Listen and muting the microphone in the recording device properties makes the noise stop. I don't know if it'll work for you. But this noise is rather annoying though. ~_~   

Top Student
qweiop
Message 3 of 5 (2,300 Views)

i read about this problem being on the pavilion series and their solution is to turn on the cpu c4 function in bios. Problem is, i cannot find that option when i go to BIOS. the sound is those high pitched kind and its killing me. lol

Student
LDVIN
Message 4 of 5 (2,069 Views)

Any luck on locating the problem.  I have the same problem and it's about to drive me crazy.

Top Student
OrangeCountyCA
Message 5 of 5 (2,061 Views)

I followed these directions for my Presario:

1. Click on start button.

2. Choose Start Search option.

3. Type Device manager and press Enter key. This will open device manager window.

4. Click on + sign next to system devices

5. Right click on ACPI Fixed Features Button and choose uninstall option.

6. Restart the Notebook.

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp51001-51500/sp51485.exe

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation