Question

Student
ivonwak64
Message 1 of 2 (241 Views)
Accepted Solution

Can resetting my laptop to factory settings delete my emails permanantly?

I have a very serious problem and i want to know that if i reset my hp pavilion g series notebook/laptop windows 7 to factory settings will it delete all the emails i have sent and recieved? the reason i want to know if this is possible is because i got friendly with a woman on facebook and she got a bit too friendly and started sending me emails asking me to have an affair with her, i told her straight away no thanks and that i loved my wife and i would never cheat on her, that actually made the situation worse because she then sent me an email saying that she had the best night of her life the previous night and that i satisfied her like no other man had ever done and that she could not wait until the next time to have sex again, this woman is totally deranged and is determined to ruin my marriage, i have deleted all the emails but my wife is quite good at using a computer and i am worried sick that she will retrieve my emails and get the wrong impression because i think she can tell that something is worrying me, anyway could someone please tell me that if i reset my computer to factory settings that it would erase these emails for good otherwise it could be the end of a happy marriage, i would really and truly appreciate it if someone could answer me this question because to be honest i have not much experience with computers and have no idea what happens when factory settings is used so please help someone please because i feel like i am going to have a nervous breakdown seriously, THANKYOU.

Provost
erico
Message 2 of 2 (225 Views)

Re: Can resetting my laptop to factory settings delete my emails permanantly?

[ Edited ]

A factory image recovery will delete all of the emails.

I must honestly tell you that any  decent forensics program will recover all of the emails.

Your best bet is to make sure that you have your recovery disk set and all license keys for programs installed after you received your notebook.

Purchase a replacement hard disk and install it. If you don't know how to do this, then have it done by a PC shop.

After the new disk is installed,use the recovery disk set or usb recovery media to return your notebook to its factory delivered state.

Help others by clicking on the "Accept As Solution" button if my suggestion resolves the issue you were having
****I am a volunteer, I don't work for Microsoft or HP****

2014 Microsoft MVP - Microsoft Windows Expert - Consumer

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation