Question

Honor Student
jerryvol45
Message 1 of 31 (29,570 Views)
Accepted Solution

Can't get my wireless printer to print from my Laptop

I am trying to get my HP Photosmart Premium Print-Scan-Copy all in one Printer C310A to print from my Compac Presario CQ57-229 WM Notebook PC.  Now, my problem was to begin with was that the regular download of a driver will not work on this combination due to the computer having the AMD Dual Core C-50 Processor without a patch which was also downloaded.  This worked fine for about 2 days but now it has stopped printing from computer.  I am running the Windows 7 64 bit system.  The printer prints just fine from a memory card or from the scanner but if I try to print from anything on the computer such as texts or pictures, it will not do anything.  It is my default printer and everything I try to print goes to the printer que but it will not print and when I check the printer in my control panel it is checked that it needs troubleshooting.  I am at the end of my knowledge and ability to correct this problem.  HELP!!

Tutor
technogeddon
Message 2 of 31 (29,565 Views)

Re: Can't get my wireless printer to print from my Laptop

Turn everything off

unplug the printer

turn the pc on

uninstall the printer (drivers)

re-start the pc

reinstall the drivers (printer) May sure you downloaded the right drivers FROM the HP official site.

run a test.

I hope it helps-- I have a driver from HP if you want to try it, leave your email

Honor Student
jerryvol45
Message 3 of 31 (29,561 Views)

[ Edited ]

Thanks for your advice.  my email is{Personal Information Removed} please send your Driver.  i am going to try your suggestion now but just in case it doest't work maybe your deiver will.

Honor Student
jerryvol45
Message 4 of 31 (29,559 Views)

Thank you so much, I tried your suggestion and it worked!!!

Honor Student
geezer38
Message 5 of 31 (28,953 Views)

I have  a similar problem, but my issue isn't about a wireless printer, it's about connecting my netbook to my networked printer.  I unistalled and then tried to reinstall the printer software, but it didn't work.  When I tried to uninstall and then reinstall it from a  newer downloaded driver, it required me to enter a password but since I didnt set one for my network printer in the first place, i couldn't access my printer.  Next, i tried unistalling the software and then reinstalling it from the original software that came  with the printer,  I kept getting a message stating that newer software was already installed and i just needed to connect my printer. it's an endless loop!  Snce my netbook is an HP, i cannot just look through the registry and delete all of the HP registry keys.  Does anyone have any suggestions?

Printer:  HP Photosmart 3300 All-In-One

Netbook:  HP Mini 311-1000NR

Student
harpo210
Message 6 of 31 (15,613 Views)

As always  i have probably done something wrong.  I cannot print from my lap top.

Yesterday after doing some twincking, printed a test page.

but now when i use word pad, i cannot print page,  it says word pad not responding, or something like tha

suggstions

thanks

robert

Student
sober94
Message 7 of 31 (13,470 Views)

i have been trying to print from my laptop to my printer but has been unable to print,thanks

Honor Student
govin
Message 8 of 31 (12,068 Views)

my wireless printer has stop printing or scanning from my lap top and wii not work with the usb cable also.

Please help. thank you

HP Support Agent
Lil_Lisa27
Message 9 of 31 (11,919 Views)

Hello govin,

I understand that you are not able to print from your computer. I would like to assist you with this, but I do have a couple of questions first.
1) What is the model number of your printer?
'Guide to finding your product number'
2) What version of Windows or Mac are you running
'Which Windows operating system am I running?'
'Finding your OS X version and build information'
3) Are you able to make a copy with the printer?
4) What error messages are you getting when you try to print?

Regards, Lisa

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the left to say “Thanks” for helping!

Lil_Lisa27
I work on behalf of HP
Honor Student
govin
Message 10 of 31 (11,859 Views)

The answer:

1.The printer Is Hp3050A

2.   ModelNo: J611a

3.window 7

4.It print ok

5.but  not recognised the lap top and doen not print anything from laptop, wireless or with usb cable

Thank you

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation