Question

Honor Student
charmainejensen
Message 1 of 6 (2,372 Views)

Cannot find how to do copyright symbol with my new laptop

I have an HP HP Pavilion dv6-6124ca Entertainment Notebook PC AMD A8-3530MX APU with Radeon HD Graphics, 6.0GB Ram, AMD Radeon HD 6620G

MS Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit SP1

With my other computer that was not a HP I use to just use the Alt 0169.  I have looked all over the net re HP Laptops and tried out different suggestions for doing the copyright symbol and nothing works.

I have a hobby called Corel Paint Shop Pro where I do graphics and I cannot do the copyright symbol within this program with the Alt 0169.

Would appreciate help please!

Thanks, Charmaine

Provost
CherylG
Message 2 of 6 (2,356 Views)

Re: Cannot find how to do copyright symbol with my new laptop

Does your laptop have the number keypad at right side of keyboard or have the numbers only on letter keys? If you must use number/letter keys try Fn Alt 0169.

******Clicking the Thumbs-Up button is a way to give Kudo's -Thanks!.******
**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue to help others who are searching**
Honor Student
charmainejensen
Message 3 of 6 (2,352 Views)

My laptop has the number keypad at the right side of the keyboard. I have also tried to do Fn Alt 0169 and it does not work.
Provost
CherylG
Message 4 of 6 (2,345 Views)

Strange. Do you have the number lock on? Can you make any of the other symbols such as Alt + 14=♫

**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue to help others who are searching**
Honor Student
charmainejensen
Message 5 of 6 (2,341 Views)

Strange. Do you have the number lock on? Can you make any of the other symbols such as Alt + 14=♫<

Strangely the alt key is suddenly working and is making the copyright symbol - go figure??? Yes I was able to make the music symbol above. I wonder how I managed to do that.

I think somebody suggested turning the number key on which is on the same keypad as the letters - but do not remember how I did that and all of the sudden the above is working. Well happy for that now .

Thanks Charmaine

Provost
CherylG
Message 6 of 6 (2,328 Views)

Happy to hear it is working now..even if we aren't sure how.:smileyhappy:

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation