Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

To continue this thread, I am trying update a Pavilion dv6707us from Win 8.1 Pro 64-bit to 10.  The Win10 Upgrade tool will not upgrade because of the video driver.  How do I get past this?  Is there a way to force the 10 upgrade?  My current NVIDIA driver for Win 8.1 is 12/7/2012, 9.18.13.768, which is newer than the "workaround" driver referenced above.

HP Recommended

I sucessfully installed the older device driver for 32bit recommended in previous post (179.48).

Will now try installing Windows 10

Okay I installed Win 10 by downloading directly from MicroSoft, of course it reinstalled generic display driver which worked but poor resolution. 

Reinstalled the older driver (179.48) for 32 bit mentioned in previous post this thread.

Looks like everything is working as before installing Win 10.

Thanks for the help from msddjd

HP Recommended

Worked for me.  Thanks!

HP Recommended

*** Update ***

IT WORKED!!!   Had to try it 3 or 4 times, but it finally worked for me! Fully operational Windows 10 Pro x64

I've tried this on my dv6810us and it says no supported driver found....someone pleeeeeeaaaaseeee help...finally got the sound working, but the graphics are horrible.

HP Recommended

I downloaded the Win10 ISO and installed it.  Then forced in the driver referenced above (for Vista 64-bit) and it worked.  What a pain.

HP Recommended

Worked perfectly for me.

Thanks

HP Recommended

this worked perfectly for me for the video and also for the missing coprocessor I used the chipset driver using the same steps, using window vista dri

HP Recommended

I

2nd that RONFT

HP Recommended

I was able to install Windows 10 on my hp dv6000 laptop. You can do it by downloading the ISO directly from microsoft. the problem is the resolution. It doesnt look good. Sometimes drivers from another graphic card would fit on it so, I am doing some research

HP Recommended

Never was able to install any 64-bit versions.  After many failed attampts, I switched to the 32-bit version which installed the first time.  I am running an early 64-bit machine on a 64-bit version of Win10 Pro ISO image.  Video looks great.  Continuing my search for sound drivers.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.