Question

Honor Student
Yatesy23
Message 1 of 6 (6,344 Views)

Compaq Presario CQ61 Laptop digits not working

[ Edited ]

Hi

laptop Compaq Presario CQ61, 6 months old, Microsoft Home and Office windows 2007.

A few weeks ago, certain buttons on my keyboard have stopped working.  All keyboard numbers across the top of my laptop are no longer responding, all numbers on my keypad work apart from the numbers 'one' and 'four'.  Equally the exclamation mark is no longer working and I am unable to select control + Alt to flip between screens or select the tab key, or arrows.  I am sure there are probably more keys not working that I have not yet uncovered.

I have been searcing across different forums to try and resolve this problems but so far to no avail.

I would really appreciate some advice on sorting this out as I don't fancy a trip to PC World.

Please could someone help me.

many thanks

Regents Professor
Kalt
Message 2 of 6 (6,334 Views)

Re: Compaq Presario CQ61 Laptop digits not working

Sometimes electrical components needs to have all power sources removed and reintroduced to work properly.  Try performing a hard reset first, if it doesn't work then we'll move to the next step.

To Perform A Hard Reset

• Shut down the computer by going to the Start menu and selecting shut down. (If you have no display, hold the power button down for  5 seconds)
  • Disconnect the AC Adapter from the notebook.
  • Remove the battery from the bottom of the notebook.  There will be a switch/button to eject the battery.
  • Wait at least 1 minute with all power sources disconnected.
  • Re-insert the battery and reconnect the AC Adapter and then attempt to power on the notebook.

Honor Student
Yatesy23
Message 3 of 6 (6,317 Views)

Hi

I have tried taking out the battery and power as suggested but this has not helped with the digit problem.

When logging back on I do get the following error:

Error in C:\Windows\syste32\spool\DRIVERS\x32\3LXCTrim.dll

Missing enre:_RunDLLEntry@16

I am not sure if this is contributing to the problem

thanks

Student
kossdad
Message 4 of 6 (5,113 Views)

My Presario Laptop keyboard and touchpad is not working since my cat sat on the keyboard.

Yatesy23 wrote:

Hi

I have tried taking out the battery and power as suggested but this has not helped with the digit problem.

When logging back on I do get the following error:

Error in C:\Windows\syste32\spool\DRIVERS\x32\3LXCTrim.dll

Missing enre:_RunDLLEntry@16

I am not sure if this is contributing to the problem

thanks

My Compaq Presario CQ61 Laptop keyboard and touchpad is not working ever since my cat sat on the keyboard.

Student
kat1290
Message 5 of 6 (4,764 Views)

I am having exactly the same problem as this with the same laptop, mines about a year old and my 'e' and '3' key no longer work. I removed the keys to clean them thinking that this would be the problem but the actual sensors under the keys don't respond. I don't know why only these two have stopped working, if anyone could help or offer some advice i'd be really grateful. thanks

Honor Student
joshim
Message 6 of 6 (501 Views)

you change you operating system windwos7.then the the problem maybe solve.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation