Question

Student
kearlms
Message 1 of 2 (174 Views)

DV7-1245dx constant flashing Caps Lock and Num Lock LEDs

I dropped my laptop a few days ago and all it does now on boot up is having flashing Caps lock and Number Lock LEDs flash constantly.  It is just one flash then one second aobut between then another flast then continues to repeat.  There is nothing on the monitor and I have reset the harddrive and RAM and battery.  Any Ideas on what is going on?  Is the computer toast?

Regents Professor
AttackofZaq
Message 2 of 2 (160 Views)

DV7-1245dx constant flashing Caps Lock and Num Lock LEDs

[ Edited ]

Hello kearlms. I understand that you're getting a CAPS LOCK/NUM LOCK blink pattern error of one blink. Is this correct?

As this document points out this is a reference to the CPU of the notebook. It is either damaged or needs to be reseated.

Try hard resetting the notebook. If this doesn't work you'll need to look into a repair of the notebook.

1. Shut down the notebook.
  2. Remove AC power and battery.
  3. Hold power button for 10-15 seconds.
  4. Replace battery and AC power.
  5. Power up notebook and verify that issue is resolved.
  6. Post the result.

If these steps fail you'll likely need to contact someone about a repair. You can check the status of your warranty here. To contact HP Support in the US/Canada call them at 1-800-474-6836. If you're in another part of the world you'll need to visit HP Support Worldwide to locate your region's contact information.

I hope this is helpful; have a great day!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please click the white star under my name to give me Kudos as a way to say "Thanks!"

Click the "Accept as Solution" button if I resolve your issue.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation