Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Thanks alot. i have unloch the touchpad as directed.

HP Recommended

Kamatr

Thank you so much! I knew it was that "divet (for lack of a better word)" on my touchpad, but apparently I wasn't tapping quick enough for it.

Not only did you save my sanity (since I could have sworn I was doing it right!) but my day as well as it would have gotten much worse when I ended up throwing the laptop on the floor in frustration LOL! It's been a long day.

Back to the point, again, I simply wanted to extend my thanks!

Have a great day,

Nikki C.

HP Recommended
I cannot a cgi ate touchpad d turning off little light wha t function key do I need to use please
HP Recommended

@Dragon-Fur wrote:

Assuming the TouchPad is enabled, it may just be "off".

Double tap firmly in the upper left corner to turn it back on...

NOTES

• The "button" is sometimes fully invisible; sometimes there might be a small square or other marking on the surface to mark the location of the switch.

• This is a session-by-session toggle switch meant to allow the user manual control over the TouchPad on / off function.  That means, if you switch off the TouchPad, depending on other factors, the TouchPad will come back on the next time you reboot your computer.

I hope this helps.

Say “Thanks!” by clicking Kudos Star in the Post that helped you.

Mark a Post “Accepted Solution” to say your issue is solved.

HP Recommended
I am having this issue with my pavilion g7-1219 Notebook. My mousepad is not working at all. I have tried the double clicking and nothing. I cannot even shut my computer down at this point?????
HP Recommended

please enumerate steps to unlock touchpad mouse

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.