Question

Honor Student
andros8000
Message 1 of 9 (7,740 Views)

Desktop Background

I am trying to set my desktop background. however when i set a picture that is smaller than my resolution and try to center it, then it does not work. Sometimes it will work and the picture will stay centered. But when i log off my computer; the next time i log on it is stretched and looks extremely pixelated. i cant seem to fix this problem. Any ideas? my laptop model number is Pavilion dv4-1465dx. thank you for your time.
Student
AmberKM
Message 2 of 9 (7,690 Views)

Re: Desktop Background

i just bought my laptop on friday and i as well can not center my desktop background. it just keeps stretching the image. it will allow me to choose center and fit but will not save it. i use windows 7. i can't get it to save at all.
Honor Student
doodoodoo
Message 3 of 9 (7,675 Views)

[ Edited ]

My computer does not allow me to change my desktop background at all.

is there a solution to this?

I went into help and all that, but none of it worked.

is it because i have a windows 7 starter?

Message Edited by doodoodoo on 12-01-2009 07:51 PM
Honor Student
andros8000
Message 4 of 9 (7,656 Views)

My computer has been doing this since i had vista on it. i was hoping that when i got windows 7 it would fix the problem but apparently not.
Associate Professor
Sanchertx
Message 5 of 9 (7,654 Views)

Desktop Background

We have a fix for this,

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=ob-77733-1&lc=en&dlc=en&cc=us&...

Description: This package provides the Wallpaper Picture Position Enabler for the supported notebook/laptop models and operating systems. The Wallpaper Picture Position Enabler enables the Wallpaper Background Picture Position function to be changed from Stretched to Fill, Fit, Tile, or Center. Enhancements: Provides updated support for the HP Support Assistant

I am an HP employee.

"Did my response help with your issue? If so, please give me Kudos by clicking the "Kudos" button or mark the post that solved your problem as the Accepted Solution. Thanks!"
Honor Student
puffkyn
Message 6 of 9 (7,321 Views)

Check your screen resolution. I had this same problem as well, and I noticed my screen resolution was at its max. I lowered it to 1360x768 which is the next lower setting and went to the personalize option on the right click menu - clicked on the desktop image at the bottom and picked what I wanted to do to the desktop image. It resized immediately! I did download the driver update HP recommends for wallpaper sizing, so I'm not sure if this had something to do with it as well? Good luck, hope this helped!!!

Honor Student
puffkyn
Message 7 of 9 (7,319 Views)

I forgot to note that you can change the resolution right back to where it was, and the settings will still allow you to adjust the desktop image to what you want it to look like!

Honor Student
carlysole
Message 8 of 9 (5,640 Views)

I tried this solution, but the driver won't download.  I click "save", but nothing happens and it says "operation timed out". I proceded to try to contact HP support center, but they wouldn't help me since my warranty expired.  Is there another way to fix this problem without downloading the driver?

Student
dorah
Message 9 of 9 (934 Views)

i have a problem with my laptop. it doesnt have a feture that allows you to make a desktop background.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation