Question

Honor Student
shill791
Message 1 of 4 (13,395 Views)

Disable touchpad

I'm trying to disable the touchpad on an Elitebook 8530w.  I expected to find Synaptics Touchpad driver in control panel, but it was not there.  I installed it, thinking I could then disable it, but there is no option for disable.  There is an option for uninstall.  I choose that option, it says it needs to reboot, and when it Windows comes back up the driver is still there.  Any ideas?

Thanks

Grad Student
nascar4u
Message 2 of 4 (13,374 Views)

Re: Disable touchpad

shill791 wrote:

I'm trying to disable the touchpad on an Elitebook 8530w.  I expected to find Synaptics Touchpad driver in control panel, but it was not there.  I installed it, thinking I could then disable it, but there is no option for disable.  There is an option for uninstall.  I choose that option, it says it needs to reboot, and when it Windows comes back up the driver is still there.  Any ideas?

Thanks

there is a button on the touchpad you use to turn it on and off

click Kudos to say thanks if I helped
Honor Student
shill791
Message 3 of 4 (13,370 Views)

On the 8530w?  Are you sure?

There are three buttons on the touchpad, and none of them disable the touchpad. 

While searching online, I ran across several reviews that said the one thing this laptop lacks is a button to disable the touchpad as there is in earlier models.

Provost
Daniel_Potyrala
Message 4 of 4 (13,265 Views)

Hi,

Go to:

Control Panel -> Mouse -> Device settings

Choose there Your touchpad and in a little lower of this window You will be able to click on switch off option.

** Say thanks by clicking the "Thumb up" icon which is on the left. **

** Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue. **

Microsoft MVP Windows Expert - Consumer
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation