Question

Intern
HuzefaMuhammad
Message 1 of 21 (32,477 Views)
Accepted Solution

Disabling of hp g62 touchpad

hey cyclops

i need to disable the pointing device touch pad of my laptop hp G62 as it is very sensitive and bothers me alot while typing. i am using a usb mouse. i have windows 7 ultimate and i'm not able to find the touch pad properties in order to disable them.

please help.

Hi, i'm an online marketer with expertise in search engine optimization and social media marketing.
Distinguished Professor
Cyclops
Message 2 of 21 (32,472 Views)

Re: Disabling of hp g62 touchpad

Look like there is change in the OS...I would suggest, install the touchpad driver from here and check...

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp50001-50500/sp50023.exe

If that does not help, Here is how you turn off the touchpad...

Touchpad.png

Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with 'Accept as Solution', if it solves your problem.
Click on the BLUE KUDOS button on the left to say "Thanks"
Intern
HuzefaMuhammad
Message 3 of 21 (32,471 Views)

i've tried double tapping the upper left side of the touchpad where there is a small doted light but nothing seems to be happening. i'm downloading the driver.

Hi, i'm an online marketer with expertise in search engine optimization and social media marketing.
Distinguished Professor
Cyclops
Message 4 of 21 (32,469 Views)

OK...Try that, if that does not help...I would suggest going to Control Panel -> Mouse -> Device Setting Tab. Highlight, Synaptic Luxpad and Click on disable...Here is screenshot of what I am talking about...

Untitled picture.png

Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with 'Accept as Solution', if it solves your problem.
Intern
HuzefaMuhammad
Message 5 of 21 (32,468 Views)

i checked out this image on hp forum prior to my post. i did check the mouse properties but there is no device settings tab in the mouse properties.

Distinguished Professor
Cyclops
Message 6 of 21 (32,466 Views)

Ok...That is a case of driver missing...So i think driver install should do the job...

Intern
HuzefaMuhammad
Message 7 of 21 (32,449 Views)

Yes the driver installation has worked.. thanks cyclops.. but i dont understand that how was the touch pad operating if there were no drivers installed?

Distinguished Professor
Cyclops
Message 8 of 21 (32,448 Views)

[ Edited ]

No problem, You are always welcome! :smileyhappy:

Touchpad was working on generic drivers, Which gives functionality of pointer and the not special function the touchpad has to offer...

Intern
HuzefaMuhammad
Message 9 of 21 (32,441 Views)

ahaan. right.. are there any other drivers that you would recommend me installing in order to get the most out of laptop?

Distinguished Professor
Cyclops
Message 10 of 21 (32,440 Views)

Can you post the exact Model number of your notebook  plus a screenshot of your device manager....

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation