Question

Student
Festering
Message 1 of 4 (12,446 Views)

Drivers for HP DV8000 Pavilion Notebook

I Have recently wiped my hard drive on my laptop and do not have the recovery disks as my hard drive was replaced before I could dreate them. 

I have managed to install Windows XP professional on the laptop but now the following hardware drivers have errors.

Ethernet Contoller

Mass Storage Controller

Network Controler

PCI Device

SM Bus Controller

Video Controller (VGA Compatiable)

I have looked at the driver site on HP and downloaded some of them but none seem to be the right ones.

My serial number is CND6180RP7

My product number is EZ215EA#ABU

Can anyone point me in right direction?

Thanks

PhD Student
Bookworm
Message 2 of 4 (12,442 Views)

Re: Drivers for HP DV8000 Pavilion Notebook

Your product number pulls this site up for XP drivers for your Notebook

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareList?os=228&lc=en&dlc=en&cc=us&lang=en&product=1844669

I am an HP employee
Knowledge is power...Power to the people
Tutor
oklahoma3
Message 3 of 4 (12,403 Views)

Go to support and drivers type in dv8000ea and all the drivers you need should be there
Provost
Daniel_Potyrala
Message 4 of 4 (12,397 Views)

Hi Festering,

Remember always when You will install fresh system first driver which You must install is chipset. I see then in Your system this driver (SM Bus Controller) isn't installed now. When You will install it as first one You will get the best results.

** Say thanks by clicking the "Thumb up" icon which is on the left. **

** Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue. **
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation