Question

Honor Student
dberlezi
Message 1 of 4 (2,565 Views)

Drivers for HP Pavilion dv9608nr Notebook PC

Hi!

I would like to know where I can download the correct drivers for my  HP Pavilion dv9608nr Notebook PC. I am using Windows 7 - 64-bit edition.

Additional information about this notebook pc can be found a:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/product?product=3548476&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&submit.y=10&submit.x=4...

Thanks for your attention.

dberlezi

Master's Graduate
Jolly_Rogers
Message 2 of 4 (2,557 Views)

Re: Drivers for HP Pavilion dv9608nr Notebook PC

You will find This Post helpful which is about "General Guide to Windows 7 Upgrade for HP and Compaq Consumer Notebooks".

Although I am an HP Employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.

Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer “Accept as Solution” if it solves your problem.
Teacher
Hemalatha
Message 3 of 4 (2,549 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hi,

HP Pavilion dv9608nr Notebook PC is not listed under windows 7 compatible models so HP will not providing the drivers for the same. So I have few suggestions for you:-

Step 1:Install vista drivers available on hp website in compatibility mode on your Windows 7.

Install using Compatibility Mode

To install a driver using Compatibility Mode

1.Right click on the Setup.exe and click on Properties

2.Then click on the Compatibility tab, enable Compatibility Mode

3.Select “Windows Vista RTM” from the drop down list, then click on OK and try again.

Install using Device Manager

If the above doesn’t work, use a utility such as WinRAR to extract the files contained within the self-compressed EXE package to a folder, and then use the Device Manager (Start > right click on Computer > click on Manage, and select Device Manager on the left hand side) to install the drivers. In Device Manager, simply right click on the device that you need to install a driver for and click on “Update driver software” and follow through the wizard, ensuring that you point it to the location of the files you extracted.

Step 2:If you want drivers for particular device provide  the Hardware ID which will help me finding the drivers.

1.Open up device manager by right clicking on Computer

2. Click on “Device Manager” through the Computer Management Window

3. In the Device Manager menu, find the driver that is missing (yellow question mark).

4. Right click on that driver and go to “Properties”

5. In the properties menu, click on the “Details” tab.

6. In the details tab, click the dropdown and select “Device Id’s”.

7. When you have that sub menu opened up below, you should see Hardware IDs-PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_03D1&SUBSYS_14041565&REV_A2 (Might be a couple extra lines containing similar stuff, but the main things you need are the VEN and DEV).

8.With that data up, you should see “VEN_xxxx” and “DEV_xxxx”. These two things are Vendor and Device Id’s.

Provide both of these IDS and I will try my best to help you.

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.

Hema
Provost
Daniel_Potyrala
Message 4 of 4 (2,536 Views)

You may even find on forum dedicated to these models guide:

Windows 7 Upgrade Guide for dv6000/dv9000 models

** Say thanks by clicking the "Thumb up" icon which is on the left. **

** Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue. **
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation