Question

Student
Eclipse036
Message 1 of 2 (491 Views)

ENVY dv6 wont turn on

got an ENVY dv6-7267cl about 2-3 months ago, and everything worked fine. this last month, when i plugged my laptop in, it either takes around 12-24 hours to start charging (the white ac power light comes on) or today, not only will it not charge, but it won't turn on at all. not even a flash of light from anywhere on the computer. i was looking into the "not charging" problem yesterday and decided that it might be an outdated BIOS. I downloaded and was installing the new BIOS with everything plugged in (the orange charging light was on) and the install hit 100%, didn't do anything for about a minute, then shut off. i tried to turn it back on, and got a green loading bar saying something about a "jump" (i can't remember what it was exactly). it got about half way and died again, so i decided to call it a night and see if charging it would let me try again in the morning when my computer isn't draining the charge at such a low level. now it won't even turn on at all. i tried to do a hard reset by holding power for 20 sec, and removing the battery and ac cord, but nothing is working. not even a charging light comes on.

Provost
CherylG
Message 2 of 2 (473 Views)

Re: ENVY dv6 wont turn on

I would phone HP for warranty service. Choose your country here to get the number> Contact HP

******Clicking the Thumbs-Up button is a way to give Kudo's -Thanks!.******
**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue to help others who are searching**
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation