Question

Student
kagaku
Message 1 of 3 (6,474 Views)

Elitebook 8460p - Default BIOS password?

I just purchased an Elitebook 8460p and it seems to have a BIOS password by default. I can't find one in the startup guide or anywhere on the packaging, did I miss something? Is there a standard default BIOS password?

Provost
Paul_Tikkanen
Message 2 of 3 (6,469 Views)

Re: Elitebook 8460p - Default BIOS password?

Hi:

I never heard of that before. I have bought new HP Elitebook notebooks and they just fired right up.

I suggest you contact HP support because I know of no default BIOS password nor is there a way to reset it on these new notebooks.

Paul

Associate Dean
REO51ST
Message 3 of 3 (6,471 Views)

Re: Elitebook 8460p - Default BIOS password?

Paul is correct there is no way to just reset it.

You would need a file with a clean bios and write it to the security chip using a SPEG.

SPEG is a multi device programmer for SPI Serial Flashes. It can be used as stand-alone programmer, as well as for in-system programming (ISP/ICSP).
The package contains two components, the software and the hardware used to interface with Serial Flash chips through SPI (Serial Peripheral Interface) protocol. The software communicates with the hardware interface via PC's parallel port (LPT).

http://www.allservice.ro/forum/index.php

Good luck.

We at the HP forum try to make your HP experience the best.

****Click the Thumbs up to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****

HP Expert Tester "Now testing HP Pavilion 15t i3-4030U Win8.1, 6GB RAM and 750GB HDD"
Microsoft Registered Refurbisher
Registered Microsoft Partner
Apple Certified Macintosh Technician Certification in progress.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation