Question

Student
andirobinson
Message 1 of 3 (541 Views)

External Monitor and Keyboard for G60

I have a G60 and my husband was wondering if he could hook a bigger external monitor and an external keyboard.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Teacher
RobAld
Message 2 of 3 (518 Views)

Re: External Monitor and Keyboard for G60

@ andirobinson

I think you may need to be a bit more specific about your model number.   ; )

E.g. here's the product specifications for one which matches your description so far:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c01566862&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en&jumpid=reg_R1002_US...

(via Search products for
     G60
)

Notice that under External Ports that device has a VGA and some USB ports.   That's all you need to hook up an external monitor and plug in a receiver  for a wireless mouse and keyboard.   FWIW that's the configuration I'm using now with my HP Tablet.   ; )

HTH

Robert Aldwinckle
---

PhD Student
Knute
Message 3 of 3 (502 Views)

Re: External Monitor and Keyboard for G60

You sure can!  There are a lot of options out there, you can even configure dual screens using an external monitor and the laptops monitor together, ergonomic keyboards and mice, etc.  Computers are fun in regards to all the accessories you can mix and match with.  Just be sure that you or your husband verify that equipment you select is compatible with your laptop.  If you need help come back to the forum with exact models and brands and we can help you determine if they will work.  Good Luck!

________________________________________________________________________________________________________

• I Love Kudos! If you feel my post has helped you please click the White Kudos! Star just below my name
  • If you feel my answer has fixed your problem please click 'Mark As Solution' and make it easier for others to find help quickly

• † The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation