Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hello there ,

I have the HP Pavilion g7 Notebook , windows7 Home Premium and for days now I hear a noise coming  from the fan . I have already cleaning the fan and vents from dust and I follow  some steps I read on the youtube but the noise is still there ... Can you help me please ???

Thank you

E-A

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Dear Sparkles1 ,

Honestly I don't understand what is going on with my HP Pavilion 7g. Although is not overheating, from the moment I start it I hear a noise . I touched under the pc and there is no heat . sometimes there is a small amount of heat on the site vents and I think that the fan is not spin ... Any ideas what I have to do for that ? Sorry to bother you again ...

Thank you

E-A

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

Hi @E-A ,

Thank you for your query, I will do my best to assist you!

I understand that the fan is noisy and you have already cleaned the vents and the fan.  You also followed some suggestions you found  on  YouTube.

Here is a link to Fan is Noisy and Spins Constantly, PC is Warmer than Normal

You can also check the software and drive page for your notebook to see if there is a bios update for it.  Here is a link to the HP Drivers & Downloads.. You will need to input the  exact model of G7 you have and follow the prompts.

How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number?

Bios updates do have the potential to cause damage, so I suggest contacting HP support for assistance, if one is required. 

Please call our technical support at 800-474-6836. If you live outside the US/Canada Region, please click the link below to get the support number for your region Technical Support Sitemap .

Here is a link to Updating the BIOS.

I hope this has helped.

Sparkles1

HP Recommended

Dear Sparkles1 ,

Honestly I don't understand what is going on with my HP Pavilion 7g. Although is not overheating, from the moment I start it I hear a noise . I touched under the pc and there is no heat . sometimes there is a small amount of heat on the site vents and I think that the fan is not spin ... Any ideas what I have to do for that ? Sorry to bother you again ...

Thank you

E-A

HP Recommended

Hi   E_A,

Thank you for your reply.

If you are unable to hear the fan or feel it spinning, then it has most likely failed and will need to be replaced.

Here is a link to Testing for Hardware Failures (Windows 7, Vista) to assist you. 

If you would like further assistance please provide your exact model of HP pavilion G7 you have and the Operating System you are running.

Sparkles1

HP Recommended

Good Morning E_A,

Thank you for your reply.    I see that you marked it as solved. Great!!

However I did notice that you marked your post as the solution.  If you believe my response resolved your issue, would you be kind enough to mark my post which has the answer as the solution, so other people will be able to locate it more easily.

Thank You in advance !

Sparkles1

HP Recommended

Dear Sparkles hi,

It's me again .... I'm so dissappointed with my laptop these days!!  I done everything you told me about my fun noise but still I have the problem... my pc is not overheating , I have already bought a cooling pad for the fun , I have clean it , but they told me that perhaps the noise is from my hard disk and that there is a program that show me how to check it ... Can you help me with that please ??

Thank you

E-A

HP Recommended

Hi E-A,

Thank you for your response.

I regret that you have not determined the cause of the noise. 

I will be happy to assist you with testing the hard drive. 

Here is a link to  Testing a Hard Disk from the BIOS for you to follow.

Please let me know the outcome.

Sparkles1

HP Recommended

Dear Sparkles Hello  again,

I follow your advice and I test my Hard Disk from BIOS and the test past OK   , thanks god ...  but I have another question for you , because I don't know much of this things  ...  System restore and system recovery is the same thing??  Because after the test I had to performing a system recovery but on my pc  I have system restore and I don't want to make any mistake ...

Thank you again for your help

E-A

HP Recommended

Hi E-A

No a system restore and a system recovery are not the same.

Microsoft's System Restore is sometimes confused with HP's Recovery Manager software.

• System Restore enables you to configure the computer's system files to a configuration that existed at a particular point in time. No personal data files, such as email, documents, or pictures, are lost.
  • HP Recovery Manager enables you to restore the computer's entire software configuration to its original factory condition. It reinstalls the original operating system (Windows, Linux or FreeDOS) and removes all other software and personal data files.( taken from HP document)

Here are two links that will clarify the difference and help you to decide which one you would like to perform and guide through the process.

Using Microsoft System Restore (Windows 7) 

Performing an HP System Recovery (Windows 7)

Good Luck!

Sparkles1

HP Recommended

Dear Sparkle ,

Today when I start my laptop  the screen was black with a message :

* The system has detected that a cooling fan is not operating correctly.

Continued operation is not recommended*

But the strange think is that my fan is cool -  no overheating and all vents cleaning ...  I don't know what to think anymore

Thank you

E-A

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.