Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hi guys,

I have a question. Before I used the FN + F10, F11 and F12 keys to change the volume of my music of pause a song. But since yesterday the FN key doens't seem to work anymore. Very annoying!

So I browsed the internet and discovered that the FN key does work again when I simultaniously press the left shift key. But I'd like to work the FN key on it's own again.

Has anybody got an idea how to fix this?

Thanks in advance!

Vincent

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Weirdest thing happened,

I trried some key combinations and nothing happened. But when I started up my notebook again the FN key was working again! Happy!! 🙂

Thanks for the input though. Appreciated!

Grtz. Vinz

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Go into the BIOS and change the ActionKeys setting.

If it is enabled, disable it and vice versa. 

It appears that is not a function in the BIOS of your notebook.

Reinstall the HotKeys software. That may return the function you were expecting

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

Weirdest thing happened,

I trried some key combinations and nothing happened. But when I started up my notebook again the FN key was working again! Happy!! 🙂

Thanks for the input though. Appreciated!

Grtz. Vinz

HP Recommended

If it worked and you are happy, then that is what counts.  🙂

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

I also have the 4530s, as required at work.  Why can't I adjust the volume without simultaneously hitting the function key?  It is absurd that you have to hit two keys at once to adjust volume, one of the most basic of functions.  Is there any way to override this?  Yes, I've download Hotkeys again.  This is the most useless setup of basic functions.

HP Recommended

Hello Superffej,

Your Probook is a Business model.  Your issue would be best answered on the HP Enterprise Business Community Forums

Good luck! 

Signature
↙-----------How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved? ----------------↓
HP Recommended

GOD LIK

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.