Question

Top Student
Barez
Message 1 of 6 (4,812 Views)

Fan making loud noise & Performance issue

I have an HP Pavilion DV6 3190ee laptop. At first the fan was normal, but later on the fan started to operate faster for a moment, then normal again, and continuously. Recently, the fan is really making a loud noise and operates at full speed, while the air that comes out form the air vents is not warm as it was before when the fan used to start making noise. I'm not doing heavy stuff on my laptop such as gaming and other things, i just surf the net. I took the laptop apart, took out the fan, there wasn't much dirt and dust blocking anything. I put it back on together and it was okay for the day (yesterday), but today it started the same thing again.

along with that, I'm experience another problem also, the fan starts to make that noise whenever i pull out the charger and operate on battery power. Also, when i change the power plan from High Performance to Balanced or Power saver, the fan stops making the noise, but the computer really slows down to the extent that i have to wait 5 seconds for a mouse click to register. When the fan is that loud,  even if i restart the computer and when it starts again at boot screen it's still making the same noise.

I used to have Windows 7 Home x64, and now Windows 8 x64 Consumer Preview, didn't change a thing though. Also used Linux to see if I have a problem with the OS, nothing changed. Advice please, thanks.

Top Student
Barez
Message 2 of 6 (4,809 Views)

Re: Fan making loud noise & Performance issue

here is my  SpeedFan screenshot at the moment, I don't know what causes so much heat, the laptop case is not very hot though.

speedfan.jpg

Provost
Daniel_Potyrala
Message 3 of 6 (4,766 Views)

Hi,

Please write your notebook product number (p/n), which Bios version is installed now and country of purchase.

Resource:
How to Locate the Notebook product number (p/n)

** Say thanks by clicking the "Thumb up" icon which is on the left. **

** Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue. **

Microsoft MVP Windows Expert - Consumer
Top Student
Barez
Message 4 of 6 (4,759 Views)

The screenshot is all the information in BIOS.

I've purchased this laptop in northern Iraq.BIOS Screenshot

Honor Student
akshayvyas
Message 5 of 6 (3,941 Views)

Hi i am Facing the same issue with my Hp Pavilion g6 2005ax, The fan is Very loud but CPU is cool

Bios Version : F.14

Fanspeed Doesnt show anything Strange

Capture1.PNG 

But the Strange thing is here The Device Manager shows one unknown Driver, i tried to update but it's not in microsoft database

Capture.PNG

Note : i installed All drivers given by HP for Windows 8 64 bit

Student
jdog515
Message 6 of 6 (660 Views)

All you have to do is go into the bios and turn off fan always on. I did that and it fixed all of my loud fan problems.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation