Question

Student
Congman
Message 1 of 5 (4,228 Views)
Accepted Solution

Fan noise on Compaq Presario CQ62

I am annoying everyone in the room with a loud up and down fan noise.  I have owned numerous HP notebooks and never had this problem before.  Is this common to this model? 

Thanks for any suggestions.

Associate Dean
Mumbodog
Message 2 of 5 (4,217 Views)

Re: Fan noise on Compaq Presario CQ62

You might check to see if there is a bios update for your specific model.

.http://welcome.hp.com/country/us/en/support_task.html

Tutor
hp-annoys-me
Message 3 of 5 (4,193 Views)

Hello.  I have this same model.  I'm a consumer.  A marketing professional.  Not a techie.  I don't even know what you mean when you use this word, "bios" - does anyone in this industry talk in plain English?  Please!  Help for a real consumer, not a computer-geek-speak type. 

Teacher
Jtom
Message 4 of 5 (4,185 Views)

hp-annoys-me wrote:

Hello.  I have this same model.  I'm a consumer.  A marketing professional.  Not a techie.  I don't even know what you mean when you use this word, "bios" - does anyone in this industry talk in plain English?  Please!  Help for a real consumer, not a computer-geek-speak type. 

Just put "bios" (or any other term you are not familiar with) into google, and then you'll know.

Do you know what Google is?

Honor Student
gmike1470
Message 5 of 5 (3,843 Views)

The BIOS is the Program that first runs on your computer when you turn it on form off mode.  BIOS is what runs before windows starts.  If you have a fan problem,  First buy a diffent computer next time (I like ACERS) I had 2 HP's and both had this problem.  One was just normal use after 6 months the other is after I got the laptop fix for CPU problems, Yes they sent it back to me with fan issues.  I am not going to send it back I am going to replace the fan my self and not buy another HP again.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation