Question

Honor Student
MarjiZ
Message 1 of 2 (134 Views)

Fingerprint Reader Questions...

Hi.  I have a Pavilion dv6-6c 10us Entertainment PC, a laptop computer.  I've had it for, I guess, 6 months or so, and it's great.  It has a fingerprint scanner, and it just recently stopped acknowledging my fingerprint at start up.  It works, and I have re-registered my fingerprints, but when starting windows I get a message that my fingerprint has not been set up (I can't remember the exact language ~ if you need me to, I can do that).

This is a frustrating problem because it had been working well all these months and now for some reason, I can't get it to work. 

Please help me if you can.  It's not that the scanner isn't scanning, because it is.  The light blinks and all that, and it's not that it's saying the fingerprint is wrong (doesn't go orange).  It seems to be that the fingerprint information is no longer integrated with Windows as an acceptable security credential.  If that makes any sense at all.

Thanks very much for your help!

MarjiZ

1. Product Name and Number:  Pavilion dv6-6c 10us Entertainment PC

2. Operating System installed (if applicable):   Windows 7 64-bit

3. Error message (if any):  Something like:  "Warning, your fingerprint is not registered" or something like that.

4. Any changes made to your system before the issue occurred:  I don't think so.

Honor Student
MarjiZ
Message 2 of 2 (124 Views)

Re: Fingerprint Reader Questions...

Update: I just went (again) and deleted all the registered fingerprints and then re-registered one fingerprint. Rebooted the computer. The fingerprint scanner light was a-blinking, and I ran my finger over the scanner and got the message that no fingerprints had been registered (not sure that's exactly what the message was, but that was the thrust of it).

Oh. I hope you can help. This is just frustrating (not the end of the world or anything, but, you know...).
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation