Question

Student
s2scomp
Message 1 of 2 (240 Views)

G61 which does not power up.

IHi, I have a G61-410SA which wont power up. The power light next to the DC jack comes on for 6 seconds and then goes off but no power. I have carried out a power reset. all hardware unplugged ie battery, hdd, ram (Also tried different RAM in different slots), speakers power, usb unattached. power button board reset. mouse and keyboard unattached. CMOS Battery removed for 20 mins and put back in, camera, wireless, screen/video cable unattached, fan cleaned. Still no joy.

Please if someone can help.

I have read alot of posts with problems with G61 and seems a common fault. Is it a HP recall.

Regents Professor
Cloud_Strider
Message 2 of 2 (224 Views)

G61 which does not power up.

I did not see any notice on the replacement programs and product recalls page.

It appears that you have done the troubleshooting and confirmed it is indeed a hardware issue. Sorry. :smileysad:

It could be a problem in the power button, the motherboard, or somewhere in between.

You could contact HP phone support to get a quote of how much a repair would be and weight that against getting it repaired locally or purchasing a new notebook. The number for the U.S. and Canada is 1-800-474-6836. If outside the U.S. or Candad, then select your country from here. If there is a recall that is not listed on the site, phone support would know about it.

Signature
↙-----------How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved? ----------------↓
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation