Question

Student
markburger
Message 1 of 2 (1,399 Views)

General System board error on a HP 6530b

Hello,

I want to know what do I need to do, if it is possible, to solve the LED error code "General System Board failure". I am on a business trip to Taipei and yesterday I was working on the hotel normally, this morning I try to turn ON the note book ( HP 6530b) and all I get are the caps lock and num lock LED blinking 5 times every 3 or 5 seconds. I check on the internet and a LED error code list says that this is a general system board error which is an error on a component not described by the other error codes and that you must contact HP support.

So I want to know if I can fix this or I need to get a new laptop? I think the laptp is still in warranty since it has less than a year.

Regards

Associate Dean
Mumbodog
Message 2 of 2 (1,382 Views)

Re: General System board error on a HP 6530b

This is a user to user forum, Contact HP directly, they will guide you on what to do next to get it repaired under warranty Contact using the Counry in which you purchased the notebook.

Pull the hard drive and back up your data to another location., HP warranty service sometimes formats the hard drive before returning it to you.

USA
http://welcome.hp.com/country/us/en/contact_us.html

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation