Question

Top Student
bungop
Message 1 of 5 (930 Views)

Google redirect virus

I could kill.  That virus has got me.  Can anyone suggest to me how to get rid of it.

tw

Provost
erico
Message 2 of 5 (911 Views)

Re: Google redirect virus

Hi,

bungop wrote:

I could kill.  That virus has got me.  Can anyone suggest to me how to get rid of it.

tw

Try the ESET online scanner. I have found the scanner quite useful in ridding PCs of malware, adware, trojans and viruses.  You need to run the scan in Internet Explorer, not Google chrome. 

Best regards,
erico

Help others by clicking on the "Accept As Solution" button if my suggestion resolves the issue you were having
****I am a volunteer, I don't work for Microsoft or HP****

2014 Microsoft MVP - Microsoft Windows Expert - Consumer

Top Student
bungop
Message 3 of 5 (897 Views)

It dont work.  Scanned and no help.  This must be an HIV virus that hides somewhere.

tw

Associate Dean
Mumbodog
Message 4 of 5 (889 Views)

Follow the order given below to disinfect your PC

1.) On a PC that is Not infected, Make a boot AV disc then boot from the disc on the Infected PC and scan the hard drive, remove any infections it finds, I prefer the Kaspersky disc myself. The New 2010 Kaspersky disc can update the AV dat files if you are connected to the internet at the time of scan and is suggested to update before the scan.

http://www.techmixer.com/free-bootable-antivirus-rescue-cds-download-list/

2.) Then boot into Windows:
Install free MBAM, run the program and go to the Update tab and update it, then go to the Scanner Tab and do a quick scan, select and remove anything it finds.

http://download.cnet.com/Malwarebytes-Anti-Malware/3000-8022_4-10804572.html

3.) When MBAM is done install SAS free version, run a quick scan, remove what it automatically selects.
http://www.superantispyware.com/download.html

These last 2 are not AV softwares like Norton, they are on demand scanners that only scan for nasties when you run the program and will not interfere with your installed AV, these can be run once a day or week to ensure you are not infected. Be sure you update them before each daily-weekly scan.

PhD Student
Gangles
Message 5 of 5 (880 Views)

Open up internet explorer

tools

internet options

advanced

reset

what you have is a BHO redirect, standard with most spyware. if resetting IE does not fix the issue then you can download Hijack this and run it removing all BHO's

Signature:
I currently work on behalf of HP for numerous support departments. The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of myself, not of HP. There is no guarantee that the opinions expressed are 100% correct.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation