Question

Honor Student
spikeluv84
Message 1 of 6 (1,292 Views)

HP 2000 Notebook PC -C2N25UA#ABA-Windows 8 64-bit Caps Lock Key keeps making a beeping sound

For the past 2 days, my caps lock key has been making a loud beeping sound whenever I use it. For turning it on and off. I looked through Help and couldn't find anything. Does anyone know what's going on? Thanks.

Professor
npw05001
Message 2 of 6 (1,270 Views)

Re: HP 2000 Notebook PC -C2N25UA#ABA-Windows 8 64-bit Caps Lock Key keeps making a beeping sound

Hello spikeluv84,

I see that you are having problems with the caps lock key causing a beeping noise when pressed on your computer. I have some suggestions that may help with this issue.

I would first suggest trying to reinstall and update the keyboard drivers. Here is a link that shows how to do that.

Follow the steps in the link and let me know what happens.

Signature
↙-----------How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved? ----------------↓

Honor Student
spikeluv84
Message 3 of 6 (1,265 Views)

Re: HP 2000 Notebook PC -C2N25UA#ABA-Windows 8 64-bit Caps Lock Key keeps making a beeping sound

I went to the link as directed but there was no link for the original keyboard driver or original drivers. I looked for half an hour. At most, I updated my mouse pad. I also went into the device manager and it stated that I have the latest driver for my keyboard. :smileysad:

Professor
npw05001
Message 4 of 6 (1,261 Views)

Uninstall the keyboard driver from the device manager and restart the computer. You may want to disable your login password if you have one or you will have to use the on screen keyboard to type in your password.

When you restart the computer it should automatically reinstall.

Signature
↙-----------How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved? ----------------↓

Honor Student
spikeluv84
Message 5 of 6 (1,254 Views)

I randomly checked my assistant if I had any updates. I had 2 and restarted my computer. I didn't uninstall my keyboard though. Surprisingly it stopped beeping! Don't know why though bc those updates were for other things. But I will keep this suggestion in mind if it happens again! Thanks so much!

~Monica

Professor
npw05001
Message 6 of 6 (1,249 Views)

You're very welcome,

I'm glad you were able to resolve the problem!! :smileyhappy:

Signature

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation