Question

Honor Student
Jenny0303
Message 1 of 3 (5,093 Views)

HP 2000 Notebook PC touchpad not working

Woke up to my HP 2000 notebook pc touchpad not working today.  When I tried to look it up in my control panel, it seems like my touchpad has completely disappeared as the only option it list is the mouse I have plugged into my computer at this time.  As soon as the mouse is unplugged, the pointer disappears.  I have only had this computer for a few months.  Is there any thing that I can do fix it??

Dean
Dragon-Fur
Message 2 of 3 (5,086 Views)

Re: HP 2000 Notebook PC touchpad not working

Hi Jenny,

Welcome to the Forum!  :smileyhappy:

Try this -- things may just be "in a tangle" and need to be gently "kicked".

====================================================================================

Power Reset

Notebooks- Power Reset to Resolve Hardware and Software Issues- Sealed Non-Removable Battery

OR

Notebooks - Power Reset to Resolve Hardware and Software Issues - Removable Battery

The Power Reset cannot tell the difference between drivers - it does not analyze a driver before applying it.

EXAMPLE:

If the driver on disk is the wrong driver before the Reset, it is still the wrong driver after the Reset.

If the driver INSTRUCTIONS are tangled, messed up, or missing, then the Reset may fix the problem.

Why a Power Reset works to fix some issues: 

The Hard Power Reset does not install anything on your computer, it does not remove anything from your computer, and the Reset does not change or update any of the programs on your computer.  Your data and files remain as they were before the reset was applied. 

Why a Power Reset might Not Work:

If the issue is more than just entanglement, if the "good instructions" on the computer are not good enough -- that is, if you need an update, a new driver, or if there is a problem that cannot be "untangled", then the Reset will not work.

If there is a hardware problem the Power Reset will not work.

====================================================================================

That may be all it needs.

Kind Regards,
Dragon-Fur
Provost
erico
Message 3 of 3 (5,084 Views)

Re: HP 2000 Notebook PC touchpad not working

[ Edited ]

Is there an led (white) lit in the upper left corner of the touchpad? If there is, that means that it was inadvertently turned off.

turn on.png

What is the complete product number of your notebook? Remove the battery and take a look at the service tag. Post the complete p/n here.

service tag1.png

Best regards,
erico

Help others by clicking on the "Accept As Solution" button if my suggestion resolves the issue you were having
****I am a volunteer, I don't work for Microsoft or HP****

2014 Microsoft MVP - Microsoft Windows Expert - Consumer

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation