Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
My touchpad isn't working. Four days ago it stopped working, but the next day I uninstalled the synaptics pointing device then reinstalled it. After that it worked for two days, then today when I turned on my computer my touchpad wasn't working again. I have a HP 2000z-100 CTO Notebook PC with windows 7 64-bit.
6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hello Kuulei125:

Welcome to HP's forum . Is there by any chance you are accidentally hitting the on and off switch for the touch pad? This page should be able to help you out.  http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c01876141  I would calibrate all the steps given in Opening the Touchpad Properties page section and see if that makes a difference.  This is your trouble shooting pagehttp://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/documentSubCategory?tmp_rule=83879&tmp_task=solveCategory&cc=us&d... please tell us if you still need futher help and these steps have faild. Thank you frrw.

HP Recommended

In the Mouse Properties: Device Settings there isn't anything for me to enable or diable. It actually says on the top of my Device Settings that it's an Evaluation Copy. 

HP Recommended

Hello kuulie125:

What's up with that? So much for HP's Evaluation Copy. Some where on your computer there is a program called HP Support Assisant. You need to open it. Click on maintance tab and click on Contact HP Direct Support if you can find the link in the HP Support Assisant. You want to contact them trough live chat. Your computer came with a one year warranty. So you should be covered. They need to uninstall that bad software and install the correct software and drivers that your computer should have. Let them know the website for your computer doesn't work because you have some kind of trial stuff on your computer and you are not able to trouble shoot by with correct steps on your computers web site.  You also want them to check out every thing else as well. Who knows what other evaluation software is on your computer. Have them remove them all so you can work with your computer knowing that you can trouble shoot with ease.

We know what is your issue and cause now because you have trial software and drivers installed on your computer. HP Direct Support are the only ones who can fix this issue. Also tell them you want a factory set of recovery discs as well. No since to reinstall this evaluation software and drivers again if failed ounce already ounce they fix it. I am surprise that they would sell a testing computer any way. I guess some one made a mistake and grab a wrong copy of insulation disc to begin with. Here is HP's direct Support phone number. 1-800-474-6836. frrw

HP Recommended

Thank you frrw. 

HP Recommended

My Hp laptop 2000 2b29WM trackad not working at all please help

HP Recommended

I'm having a problem with my touchpad (HP 2000). Earlier in the morning it was working, and then a couple hours later when I turned on my laptop it stopped working for no reason!! I actually had to reinstall it because the device didn't show up in the Mouse settings, but once I reinstalled it, it was unable to connect to the driver and wanted me to uninstall it again. I really need this laptop for school, and I can only temporarily use a mouse at the moment.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.