Question

Top Student
Bigkefjee
Message 1 of 11 (2,291 Views)

HP BIOS Application Error (501) - HP Pavilion G7-1210SD (Productnumber: QH560EA#ABH)

Hello there,

Everytime I startup my laptop, I get an screen saying 'HP BIOS Application Error (501) might be corrupted or missing.

I've googled a bit, and found out that this is a problem with the HP_Tools partition? Checked that partition and it's still there, but no files on it.

With some simple thoughts and a bit of logic I thought that the HP BIOS Application must be installed on that partition? or what?

Please help me!

Dean
Vidya
Message 2 of 11 (2,272 Views)

Re: HP BIOS Application Error (501) - HP Pavilion G7-1210SD (Productnumber: QH560EA#ABH)

To resolve the BIOS error, try installing the latest UEFI pertaining to HP_Tools partition. Restart the system and load the defaults to BIOS settings and save the settings. This should resolve the problem.

Here is the link to download latest UEFI:

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp61501-62000/sp61632.exe

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp61501-62000/sp61632.html

This package provides the HP UEFI Support Environment version 5.1.1.0 in supported models that are running a supported operating system.

UEFI and Custom Imaging

The HP PC Hardware Diagnostics UEFI must be run from a FAT or FAT32 partition with a partition name of "HP_TOOLS" or "EFI".
This installer will give you the option to install to the HDD or a USB drive.
If you install to the HDD and the HP_TOOLS or EFI partition is not present, the installer will prompt you to create the partition.
If you install to a USB drive, the installer will rename the partition on the USB drive to HP_TOOLS.
If you use a custom image, you can create the HP_TOOLS partition manually with type FAT32 and make the partition name HP_TOOLS.

Caution
- The HP_TOOLS partition is not protected and can therefore be deleted.
- Backing up the computer using the Windows® Complete PC and other backup software does not back up the HP_TOOLS partition.

For these reasons, HP recommends that you do not place additional data on the HP_TOOLS or EFI partition. Because the partition is not backed up, corruption or failure of the partition will result in loss of all data on the partition, plus loss of UEFI functionality.

You can find more information on www.hp.com/go/techcenter/startup

I am an HP employee.

Regards,
Vidya

Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer “Accept as Solution” if it solves your problem.

***Click on "Thumbs up" button to the bottom right side of my post to say thanks!***
Top Student
Bigkefjee
Message 3 of 11 (2,262 Views)

Re: HP BIOS Application Error (501) - HP Pavilion G7-1210SD (Productnumber: QH560EA#ABH)

The download link you have provided doesn't work. It takes me to the main page, not to the download page.

Dean
Vidya
Message 4 of 11 (2,259 Views)

Sorry...i will check internally to resolve this issue. In the mean time, Here is the link to download UEFI: (The previous revison)

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp61001-61500/sp61282.exe

I am an HP employee.

Regards,
Vidya

Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer “Accept as Solution” if it solves your problem.

***Click on "Thumbs up" button to the bottom right side of my post to say thanks!***
Top Student
Bigkefjee
Message 5 of 11 (2,256 Views)

Installed it on the HP_Tools partition. Going to reboot my laptop right now, and enter the BIOS setup and restore it to the factory settings (default settings).

Will turn it off, and turn it on again. Let's hope I dont get the Error that time.

Will post the outcome in several minutes!

Top Student
Bigkefjee
Message 6 of 11 (2,253 Views)

Unfortuanetly, the ERROR screen still popped up.

I've done everything you said,

Went installing the UEFI, went to my BIOS settings and resetting them to default, rebooted and it gave the ERROR again.

Dean
Vidya
Message 7 of 11 (2,251 Views)

If you have not tried BIOS update, please install the BIOS update version F.66 from the following weblink:

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp60501-61000/sp60864.exe

After the update and reset the BIOS settings to default. Save the changes. Exit out of BIOS and this might stop the error.

I am an HP employee.

Regards,
Vidya

Top Student
Bigkefjee
Message 8 of 11 (2,233 Views)

What do I enter at the program?

Current BIOS:

ID and Version

New BIOS:

ID and Version

Top Student
Bigkefjee
Message 9 of 11 (2,229 Views)

Okay, I've went to my BIOS settings, and found out that is was running version F.33

So I need to fill that in with the program. (Current BIOS version: F.33 and New BIOS version: F.66)

What to put in at the ID section?

What kind of ID BIOS I have? Can't find that anywhere..

Top Student
Bigkefjee
Message 10 of 11 (2,205 Views)

Okay, I've went to my BIOS settings, and found out that is was running version F.33

So I need to fill that in with the program. (Current BIOS version: F.33 and New BIOS version: F.66)

What to put in at the ID section?

What kind of ID BIOS I have? Can't find that anywhere..

Please respond!!
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation