Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Hey everyone!

I recently bought a replacement charger for my new HP Pavillion Dv7t. It's a replacement brand, and I've confirmed it works with my other laptop, a compaq. So it is not defective. I've checked with several sites and they all say this charger is compatible with my Pavillion Dv7t, however, when I put in the charger, it shows the icon of it being charged for a few seconds, then reverts back to battery use, as if there were nothing plugged in at all.

I've tried turning the computer on when my battery is out as well and it doesn't turn on. So it's not my battery.

Is there possibly a software preventing me from using non-HP chargers? I've heard from a few other forums that you need to drain your battery down to 0 and then try. I'm skeptical of using this method though, in case I need to fix something with the software.

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

--Pink

Edit: Also, the watt is compatible.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

As strange as it may sound,are you sure it's the correct type of charger for that Laptop? I don't doubt that the charger is compatible with the Dv7,but there might be differences in supplied/demanded power between models. In example - my Compaq 615 uses a powerbrick that pumps 10.8 V of DC(with peak of 12-ish),but there's another Compaq615 that uses a 14 volt charger...

So,if it's possible,just look at both chargers - specifically for the Voltage and Amp values,bc if they're  diffferent... well that's your problem!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

As strange as it may sound,are you sure it's the correct type of charger for that Laptop? I don't doubt that the charger is compatible with the Dv7,but there might be differences in supplied/demanded power between models. In example - my Compaq 615 uses a powerbrick that pumps 10.8 V of DC(with peak of 12-ish),but there's another Compaq615 that uses a 14 volt charger...

So,if it's possible,just look at both chargers - specifically for the Voltage and Amp values,bc if they're  diffferent... well that's your problem!

HP Recommended

That was the exact problem! Wow I feel stupid.

Thanks a lot~!

HP Recommended

Glad to 've been of service! Also,don't feel silly... It happens (Had a problem like that with my ol' MSI)

HP Recommended

hi 

my lap top probook 4530s

Plugged in and chargeing but doesn't charge hlp me plz

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.