Question
HP Connection Manager Fatal Error
Replies (24)

Provost
Daniel_Potyrala
Message 11 of 25 (11,374 Views)

Re: HP Connection Manager Fatal Error

We will try to use latest version of HP Software Framework and HP Connection Manager.

1. Uninstall HP Connection Manager from system.

Resource:

Uninstalling Software in Windows 7

2. Download and install HP Software Framework from here and restart system.

3. When you will do above steps download and install HP Connection Manager from here.

Check the result.

** Say thanks by clicking the "Thumb up" icon which is on the left. **

** Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue. **
Tutor
jeanik
Message 12 of 25 (11,344 Views)

Nope, still doesn't work. I'm really frustrated. Is there another way to fix this? HP cool sense wont open either. Both programs (and I don't know how many others I haven't tried yet) wont open. They just sit there with the little circle spinning around until I have to force close it by shutting the computer down. I already restored it to factory condition 2 times since I purchased it. I need this new $900 laptop to work please!

Provost
Daniel_Potyrala
Message 13 of 25 (11,334 Views)

Restore sytem to this point when both services were working without any problems.

Resource:

How to Do a System Restore in Windows 7

In previous post you confirmed that everything is working so this should solve your problem.

** Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue. **
Honor Student
DeeDeeG
Message 14 of 25 (11,003 Views)

Hi 

I fixed my HP Connections Manager by going into the control panel > programs > unistall a program > selecting HP Connections manager and clicking Repair.

this uninstalled the programme and the updates which caused the error and then reinstalled it afresh, its working fine now. 

Hope it works for you

Tutor
Peeter
Message 15 of 25 (10,194 Views)

Well,

I think this whole connection managing thing on my HP laptop sucks. It has worked for a rieally long time with some difficulties from time to time, but now it just started looping initializing and disconnecting the mobile broadband.

When I give the PIN code, it will start the looping every time.
 Now I uninstalled it for some time and will reboot after I'm done, but I get really angry as this kind of issues pops every now and again.

Why cannot the programs just keep working?

Provost
Daniel_Potyrala
Message 16 of 25 (10,180 Views)

@Peeter

Hi,

1. Please write your notebook product number (p/n), which system are you using and country of purchase.

Resource:
How to Locate the Notebook product number (p/n)

2. Go to:

Control Panel -> Device Manager -> Network adapters

Find on the list mobile broadband card, right click it and choose ' Properties '. Next select ' Details ' tab, use the dropdown selector to choose Hardware Ids and paste all the values from there to the next reply. This way I will be able to find out which drivers you need.

Below you've got example how to do it:

464i329EA20FEFCDC76A
466i652BE51C12165A92
467iC2AEC23384DE4519

Top Student
AmolJoshi
Message 17 of 25 (9,081 Views)

Dear Dean,

Thanks for the elaborative solution.

I am getting the same problem of HP Connection Manager so I am trying to follow the solution give by you.

I have run the first step of "First download and install Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 with Service Pack 1 from here and restart system.

"

After downloading the set up, the set up itself is not working on my Windows8 system. I think that setup itself is not compatible with Windows8

Navigated to following link but that also doesn't have windows8 compatibility patch

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/959209

How should i overcome this problem? do you know any link from where I can get the Windows8 patch

Kindly Advise

Thanking You

Amol Joshi

Top Student
AmolJoshi
Message 18 of 25 (9,078 Views)

Dear Dean,

Thanks for the elaborative solution.

I am getting the same problem of HP Connection Manager so I am trying to follow the solution give by you.

I have run the first step of "First download and install Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 with Service Pack 1 from here and restart system.

"

After downloading the set up, the set up itself is not working on my Windows8 system. I think that setup itself is not compatible with Windows8

Navigated to following link but that also doesn't have windows8 compatibility patch

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/959209

How should i overcome this problem? do you know any link from where I can get the Windows8 patch

Kindly Advise

Thanking You

Amol Joshi

Top Student
AmolJoshi
Message 19 of 25 (9,035 Views)

Dear Dean,

I have performed all the below 3 steps you have mentioned but still issue persists.

any idea what could be the cause?

Can you please advise me to get rid of this problem.

Thanking You

Amo Joshi

Student
chrisbartley
Message 20 of 25 (6,311 Views)

This keeps popping up and I don't know how to fix it and now my pics from my camera won't import either.Is there a connection to that?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation