Question

Top Student
DarkOneX
Message 1 of 7 (6,394 Views)

HP DM1z Touchpad Movement While Keyboard Button Pressed

I've looked around and find nobody else complaining of this, or it could be it's a hard thing to search for anyway.  I just got an HP DM1z and love it overall, but one minor annoyance is I noticed if you are holding down a keyboard button the touchpad doesn't work.  This basically kills the abilitiy to use the touchpad/keyboard to play games.  I know I could plug a mouse in here but not while I'm sitting on my couch with it in my lap, I'd really like to fix this.  What I mean is for example while playing any FPS game and you are holding 'W' to walk forward, you cannot with use the touchpad to turn your character until you let off the 'W' key.  You can test this in a browser or anything too, just hold down a key then try to move the mouse around, it won't.  Is there any way possible to fix this?  I've checked all mouse/keyboard control panel options and found nothing.

Distinguished Professor
kamatr
Message 2 of 7 (6,358 Views)

Re: HP DM1z Touchpad Movement While Keyboard Button Pressed

This is an interesting observation. :smileyhappy:

Could you please post complete product/model number of your Notebook? You can use link below to find this info
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?tmp_renderType=findModel&cc=us&dlc=&docname=c00033108&lc...

//Click on Kudos and Accept as Solution if my reply was helpful and answered your question//

I am an HP employee!!
Honor Student
meatyboy
Message 3 of 7 (6,233 Views)

I have a Pavilion DV7-4177nr I have the same exact issue, if I'm holding down the w key while trying to use the touchpad the cursour won't move, or if it does, it'll be really sporadic and far from smooth. From what I can tell it's not a very common problem.

I'm running Windows 7 x64 Ultimate.

Distinguished Professor
kamatr
Message 4 of 7 (6,182 Views)

meatyboy wrote:

I have a Pavilion DV7-4177nr I have the same exact issue, if I'm holding down the w key while trying to use the touchpad the cursour won't move, or if it does, it'll be really sporadic and far from smooth. From what I can tell it's not a very common problem.

I'm running Windows 7 x64 Ultimate.

Install latest BIOS from here and touchpad drivers from here and see if that helps. 

//Click on Kudos and Accept as Solution if my reply was helpful and answered your question//

I am an HP employee!!
Top Student
DarkOneX
Message 5 of 7 (6,176 Views)

Somebody in another forum quickly resolved this for me, it was the palm detection option that was enabled by default int he mouse settings, I unchecked that to fix.

Honor Student
meatyboy
Message 6 of 7 (6,056 Views)

Darkone, you're my hero. That fixed the problem right up.

Student
pur3j0k3r123
Message 7 of 7 (4,275 Views)

Hey I have the same problem. But when I went to turn off the palm detection it did nothing. I turned it back on and off again and im still having trouble. I cant use my touchpad until after I release a key off the keyboard. If you have any other ideas please let me know.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation