HP DriveLock (1078 Views)
Student
Abe_Rieke
Message 1 of 2 (1,078 Views)

HP DriveLock

I utilize "DriveLock" on all of the business notebooks I deploy at my company. In the past, the feature worked well, and wasn't too much of a hassle for end users. About a year ago, HP released a new version of DriveLock which created a hassle for end users and a huge hassle for support techs like myself. DriveLock used to only ask for the DriveLock password whenever the computer went from a completely powered off state to a powered on state. That seemed great to me. But now, the new version of DriveLock requires the password every time the computer is rebooted. As you can imagine, this makes remote support much more difficult what with all of the different reasons why a computer needs to be rebooted while being worked on.

I can't imagine why HP had to change the way DriveLock works, but if possible, I'd like to see HP change DriveLock back to the way it used to work.

If you're also annoyed by this new behavior, please chime in so maybe we can get some attention to this small matter. We all hate it when improvements make things worse :smileyhappy:

Top Student
Inkoper
Message 2 of 2 (120 Views)

Re: HP DriveLock

I do agree with this comment. It is indeed only usefull at powerup and not at reboot.

I also would like to be able to use drivelock and still be able to use my multiboot configuration. I now can only choose the windows 7 64 bit original install, windows 7 32 bit and windows 8 won't run unless I disable drivelock.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation