Question

Honor Student
HP2013Gus
Message 1 of 2 (1,083 Views)

HP ENVY M6 Sleekbook Review

The HP ENVY M6 Sleekbook has several bad things.

First: the screen is to limit on the flexibility to open all the way, it is just a 90 angle position and this limit any user, specially if you are on the couch trying to regulate the screen to your view.

Second. THE MOUSE, this is maybe what it is the worst, it is so difficult, hard and the right and left botton are extremely hard and confusing to click. I undestand that the new computers want to have the transition to touchscreen; however, you can still provide to your users a good or BETTER, even comparable quality mouse.

My wife and I use the laptop all the time, and both have the same issue with the mouse. We thought it would be just at the beggining, however it is frustating specially when  you need to use the mouse.

Third, the new windows is ok, however we have problems installing for example antiviruses to the computer. Mcfee can not be installed because the Norton is conflicting with the installation.

Fourth and last, the DVD, we thought we will have a DVD or CD compartament in this laptop. This was our mistake at the store, we thought it would come automatically and when we were trying to play Cd or DVD in the laptop. Offcourse, it is not there.

PhD Student
IT_WinSec
Message 2 of 2 (1,049 Views)

Re: HP ENVY M6 Sleekbook Review

[ Edited ]

Hello,

Thank you very much for posting in the HP Support forum.

I cannot help you with the first two things (mouse and display) because this is personal feeling.

However, I would be glad to assist you in installing the antivirus software you want.

The new Windows - do you mean Windows 8 ?

As for the DVD/CD - most new computers, laptops and any computing devices come without CD/DVD players as they are kind of considered outdated technologies. For example - a DVD can be broken easily, it can only store up to 4.7 / 9 / 17 GB of information and the speed of writing this information (burning it) is very slow compared to USB flash drives, memory cards (SD,MMC), or the new SSD drives. CD/DVD can be used once only (most of the times). As for music and movie CD/DVDs - people nowadays (most of them) buy music from Internet and the same is vald for movies. Technology is being transitioned to SSD, flash drives, memory cards, etc. A CD/DVD device will also make the portable computer heavier, nowadays tech searches for mobility.

Despite the things you did not like in your laptop, I hope you will enjoy it.

Please, let me know if you want assistance for your antivirus and I will soon pop-up.

HP2013Gus wrote:

The HP ENVY M6 Sleekbook has several bad things.

First: the screen is to limit on the flexibility to open all the way, it is just a 90 angle position and this limit any user, specially if you are on the couch trying to regulate the screen to your view.

Second. THE MOUSE, this is maybe what it is the worst, it is so difficult, hard and the right and left botton are extremely hard and confusing to click. I undestand that the new computers want to have the transition to touchscreen; however, you can still provide to your users a good or BETTER, even comparable quality mouse.

My wife and I use the laptop all the time, and both have the same issue with the mouse. We thought it would be just at the beggining, however it is frustating specially when  you need to use the mouse.

Third, the new windows is ok, however we have problems installing for example antiviruses to the computer. Mcfee can not be installed because the Norton is conflicting with the installation.

Fourth and last, the DVD, we thought we will have a DVD or CD compartament in this laptop. This was our mistake at the store, we thought it would come automatically and when we were trying to play Cd or DVD in the laptop. Offcourse, it is not there.

Best wishes,
IT_WinSec
Technical support engineer
HP employee. MCP, MCTS, MCITP, MTA, CT
I express my personal opinion, not of HP. www.hp.com/makeitmatter
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation