Question

Honor Student
Smedendahl
Message 1 of 5 (101 Views)

HP ENVY Ultrabook 6-1110eo

[ Edited ]

Hi,
I have issues to get wifi working at my laptop HP ENVY Ultrabook 6-1110eo. Network cable work fine.

I have searched for drivers update at HP website but cannot find my laptop model.

I found different models as 6-1080e or 6-1090e, but not 6-1110eo

I hav etried to identify my laptop model with the tools that are supplied at HP´s website with no luck.

Could you please help me with following:
- Which driver to wifi network card should I use (Windows 8.1 x64)?
- Where can I find drivers to download to my laptop, model: HP ENVY Ultrabook 6-1110eo ?

Info about laptop:
HP ENVY Ultrabook 6-1110eo
Serial number: [edited Serial Number by Moderator]
Product number: C1X88EA#UUW

Regards
Oskar [edited personal information by Moderator]

george-p
Message 2 of 5 (85 Views)

Re: HP ENVY Ultrabook 6-1110eo

[ Edited ]

Hi Smedendahl, 

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forums. I needed to edit your post and remove the Serial Number. In accordance with our Rules of Participation:

Protect privacy - yours and others'. Don't share anything about yourself that you would not want to see on a road-side billboard. Don't post contact or other personal information-your own or anyone else's-or any content that you receive in one-to-one communications without the author's consent. For example, don’t post your computer’s serial # or contact information publicly, and do not allow someone you don’t know to remotely take control of your computer.

If you need people to contact you directly, either ask them to send you a private message or subscribe to the thread so you will be notified when there are replies. You may also click on your name anywhere in the forum and you will be taken to your profile page, where you can find a list of threads you have participated in.

Sharing personal email addresses, telephone numbers, and last names is not allowed for your safety. If you have any questions feel free to send me a private message in reply.

Thank you
George

I work for HP
Provost
Paul_Tikkanen
Message 3 of 5 (81 Views)

Hi:

What model wireless card does your notebook use?

If you don't know, please do the following so I can figure that out...

Go to the device manager, find the Other Devices category, and click on the Network Controller needing drivers.

Then click on the Details tab at the top of the network controller window.

Now you see a Property drop down list and it is defaulted to Device Description.

Drop down on that and select the second item on the list (Hardware ID's).

Post the top string of characters that begin with PCI\VEN.

Honor Student
Smedendahl
Message 4 of 5 (61 Views)

Hi,

There are several PCI/VEN:

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_0887&SUBSYS_40628086&REV_C4
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_0887&SUBSYS_40628086
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_0887&CC_028000
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_0887&CC_0280

Provost
Paul_Tikkanen
Message 5 of 5 (55 Views)

Hi:

Yes I know, but the only one that matters is the top one.  No worries though, all are fine.

Below is the link to the latest W8.1 driver for the Intel 2230 wireless card your model uses.

The second file listed is for 64 bit.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?DwnldID=23726

That card also has an onboard bluetooth radio.  If that is not working either, use this driver for that...

The second file listed is for 64 bit.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?DwnldID=23999

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation