Question

Honor Student
Chinada
Message 1 of 4 (3,844 Views)

HP EliteBook 2730P could not boot from external USB-CDROM / USB-DVDROM

We have a HP EliteBook 2730P that could not boot from external USB CDROM. I have check all settings in BIOS and make sure that USB-CDROM is in first position when boot.

I have press F9 key when boot up, but the laptop could not find USB-CDRM, the option are local hard disk and network.

Also, I have tried two external USB-CDRM, BUFFALO(DVSM-P58U2/BW-US) and U Style(USB-CDROM).

Could any people give me a help?

Regards,

Provost
Daniel_Potyrala
Message 2 of 4 (3,820 Views)

Re: HP EliteBook 2730P could not boot from external USB-CDROM / USB-DVDROM

Hi,

Write down Your p/n number which is under Your computer and looks like this and Your Bios version number.

** Say thanks by clicking the "Thumb up" icon which is on the left. **

** Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue. **

Microsoft MVP Windows Expert - Consumer
Student
YCDO-SA
Message 3 of 4 (3,628 Views)

has anyone resolved this issue? I have 6 tablets and I want to capture an image from one and load on the others. There seem to be a lot of people asking how to boot to USB or USB-CDROM but haven't come across any answers. Chatted with HP support tech last night and he said I should be able to do this ...
Honor Student
Chinada
Message 4 of 4 (3,614 Views)

I called HP and get a BIOS update to fix this issue.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation