HP EliteBook 8740w problems (895 Views)
vpa Honor Student
Honor Student
vpa
Message 1 of 4 (895 Views)

HP EliteBook 8740w problems

Hi,

Our company has about ten  8740w elitebooks and all are less than year old. Operation system is either  Windows 7 Enterprise or Pro.

As soon as I installed Windows 7 SP1 to laptops, the startup became slower and slower; windows polling network connections are services starts slow. This has happened to all 8740w laptops. I took one of those laptops and reinstalled and tested if this happens for fresh installation --> YES it did.

All device drivers, including graphics,updated from the HP's site but now help.

Does anyone recognize this problem and knows the reason/solution?

Distinguished Professor
kamatr
Message 2 of 4 (886 Views)

Re: HP EliteBook 8740w problems

Have you tried performing a hard drive test on the notebook through BIOS  of the notebook.

//Click on Kudos and Accept as Solution if my reply was helpful and answered your question//

I am an HP employee!!
vpa Honor Student
Honor Student
vpa
Message 3 of 4 (878 Views)

Yep, complete HDD test done and no failures. I even changed fast SSD-hard drive to one of those just testing it --> no help, still slow and user complained that become slower 

Student
MikeFormis
Message 4 of 4 (601 Views)

Hi,

Were you able to find a solution to your problem?  I am experiencing the same issue with my EB 8740W.  I installed a fresh copy of W7 Pro and also tried a restore to factory defaults.  Still running slow.  It's ashame considering I spent over $3000 for this laptop and it is outperformed by a $400 laptop bought from Walmart.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation