Question

Honor Student
jangy107
Message 1 of 4 (2,524 Views)

HP Envy 14 Hard disk failure

[ Edited ]

Hi

I have a HP Envy 14 Beats Edition Laptop. The product number is LD937PA#AB1 and serial number is {Removed for privacy}

So, I had my laptop for 6 months and I have this problem of lagging everyday. Now, I have worse problem. When I reboot my laptop, it would say "hard disk failure" and told me to do system diagnostic. When it does run the test, it would say "hard disk test failure". So, I did hard disk test, but it would say test fail for all quick test, detailed test and SMART test. I read other post who had same problem received replacement hard disk from hp support and solved problems (http://forum.notebookreview.com/hp-envy-hdx/562759-envy-14-hard-disk-failure.html). How do I receive replacement hard disk? Or is there another solution?

Tutor
aledando
Message 2 of 4 (2,509 Views)

Re: HP Envy 14 Hard disk failure

i have the same problem, but with a hp envy 17" 1191-el, 2 months ago the notebook became slower and sometimes at the reboot i have to do a test for the hard disk, always failed (as in the case of jangy107. My notebook is still in warranty. I have to replace the hard disk? thanks
Provost
Daniel_Potyrala
Message 3 of 4 (2,495 Views)

Hi,

If your notebook is still under warranty then please contact with HP. They will send you new one for free. How to do it all informations here (just choose your country).

** Say thanks by clicking the "Thumb up" icon which is on the left. **

** Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue. **

Microsoft MVP Windows Expert - Consumer
Honor Student
jangy107
Message 4 of 4 (2,469 Views)

So, I contacted HP support and I was very very disappointed.

First of all, my parents bought it in Korea and gave it to me. 

Within 6 months, it breaks down.

I call them up and they redirected me to escalate(?) team and they will not NOT give me a 

replacement hard disk. I am a college student who cannot make a trip to nearby hp repair center since its far away and I don't have time.

All I wanted was a replacement hard disk and they will not give me a **bleep** disk. 

This is my first hp laptop and I got a reason why I will NEVER buy hp products. 

Breaking down so easily and horrible service...

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation