Question

Student
f_ghirmay
Message 1 of 3 (228 Views)

HP Envy 4 plugged in not charging

Hi,

I have an HP envy 4 notebook pc running on windows 7 and when I plug in the charger it says "plugged in, not charging". If i try to remove the charger my laptop goes off and it will not turn back on unless it is connected to the charger. The battery power remained constant for a few days then radually decresed now it is at 16%. I did the HP battery test and it says the bateery is OK but the current satus is "unknown". Also, I did the system check thing when you hold the power button and press escape and it says primary battery: replace(42). So do I need to  purchase a new battery or the charger?  

Student
jerryxj
Message 2 of 3 (126 Views)

Re: HP Envy 4 plugged in not charging

[ Edited ]

I got the same problem even worse, the battery icon indicates charging, but the percentage of the battery keeps decreasing until battery fully drains out and  the laptop suddenly shuts down. HP sucks, I plan to boot from msata SSD, but cannot find SSD in BIOS /UFEI. I googled it and found this laptop only uses SSD as a cache, **bleep**! From now on,  I will never buy stupid HP laptop any more.

HP Support Agent
TwoPointOh
Message 3 of 3 (114 Views)

Re: HP Envy 4 plugged in not charging

Hi f_ghirmay, welcome to the HP Forums. You can verify if it is the battery, power supply, or system board causing the battery to not charge, by following the steps outlined in this document: Battery Does not Power Notebook or Hold a Charge

I hope this helps. Let me know how it turns out.

Hi jerryxj, sorry to hear about your frustrating experience. Unfortunately this is not a means to contact HP directly as it is a peer to peer community. If you would like to speak to HP about your concerns you can contact support: HP Technical Support, North America 1-800-474-6836. For all other regions click here.

TwoPointOh
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom to say “Thanks” for helping!
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation