Question

Tutor
sudheer_b16
Message 1 of 9 (5,965 Views)
Accepted Solution

HP G42- 355 TU , win7 / 64 bit - Laptop Heating Problem.

Hi ,

My laptop is heating high , particularly below the windows key and to the left of touchpad (may be harddisk part). 

Complaing the same to a Hp support on Live chat gave the solution :

" One of the main functions of the BIOS is to monitor the temperature and adjust the operating conditions.BIOS controls fan and other components on the notebook.  To help your PC run as cool and efficiently as possible, I would recommend you to update the BIOS, reinstall the power management software, clean the air vents of the fan, and increase the system resources." (explained the whole process doing it. )

My current BIOS Version/Date :   Hewlett-Packard F.22, 07-07-2010

But with the help of a few posts here in support forums i found BIOS update is risky. Should i follow the solution or not?

Thankyou

Sudheer

One of the main functions of the BIOS is to monitor the temperature and adjust the operating conditions.

Provost
banhien
Message 2 of 9 (5,962 Views)

Re: HP G42- 355 TU , win7 / 64 bit - Laptop Heating Problem.

sudheer_b16 wrote:

But with the help of a few posts here in support forums i found BIOS update is risky. Should i follow the solution or not?

Hi,

Follow all instructions when updating/upgrading BIOS should be ok.

Good luck,

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
Tutor
sudheer_b16
Message 3 of 9 (5,942 Views)

I used CPU-ID HWMONITOR and found the temperatues linked here . Please check if these are normal or i need to concern about them.

Regards

Sudheer

Provost
Daniel_Potyrala
Message 4 of 9 (5,933 Views)

sudheer_b16 wrote:

Please check if these are normal or i need to concern about them.

Hi,

These temperatures are at level which they should be.

** Say thanks by clicking the "Thumb up" icon which is on the left. **

** Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue. **

Microsoft MVP Windows Expert - Consumer
Tutor
sudheer_b16
Message 5 of 9 (5,913 Views)

Hi Mr. Bahien,

My concern is ,does this latest BIOS update has anything to do with reducing heat up my laptop, as suggested by Hp live chat agent.

Redards

Sudheer

Tutor
webman01
Message 6 of 9 (5,856 Views)

I have the latest BIOS version F.37 and overheating problems.

How can I downgrade to the initial BIOS version without risc ?

I forgot what my latest BIOS version was.

Anyone knows what version G42-362LA shipped around juni 2011 ?

Provost
banhien
Message 7 of 9 (5,843 Views)

sudheer_b16 wrote:My concern is ,does this latest BIOS update has anything to do with reducing heat up my laptop, as suggested by Hp live chat agent.

Hi,

Very good question. Let me tell you my experience, another day, I did a BIOS update (not an HP laptop) for one of my laptops which made fan ran more often, I had to back out.

Normally vendors (all of them) release Firmwares/Microcodes/MCL's/BIOS's to fix few known problems which may cause another problem. As users, we normally follow their advise and PRAY.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
Student
bejoya
Message 8 of 9 (4,257 Views)

my laptop is heating abnormally, how to overcome the problem without opening cabinet

Tutor
webman01
Message 9 of 9 (4,253 Views)

The only solution is to return you notebook to HP services where they replace the fan, which causes this problem.

After 10 days I got it back and have now temperature from 33 to 45 celsius normal. By installing software,multimedia  and running all cores high I get about 73 celsius at most.

Good luck with it.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation