HP Support Forums
Join in the conversation.
08-15-2011 03:50 AM
Good morning to you all,
I am currently experiencing a serious problem with my HP G60 laptop - it is driving me absolutely crazy...even after searching through various forums I am unable to find a fix...please help!!
The problem started when I installed Windows 7, which worked fine, but after installing the updates the computer never recovered!
When I now try and start the laptop I am greeted with a black screen. Nothing else i..e no windows sign, no Bios (on most occasions).
On the odd occasion if I start pressing a few random buttons (1 in 10 chance), I get the Bios options, however only the F2 and I think F10 function work. All other buttons when pressed e.g. F5, result in the screen going back to black.
What I have done to try and fix it:
- From the F2 function I have run the memory and hard drive checks - which all seem to be fine.
- From the F10 key I made it so the computer would pick up the CD drive before the Hard drive - still nothing
- Inserted the Windows 7 CD from boot up - nothing
- Held down Fn + F4 on reboot - nothing
- I have tried the computer reset i.e. take battery out, press and hold power button for 30-60secs, re-insert battery - still nothing
- Removed the hard drive and tried to re-start - still nothing
- Removed the RAM, one at a time - still nothing
I have no clue what to do next. The warranty ran out some time back and if this fails then I will be forced to take it to a repair shop (and possibly folk out more money than the actual laptop is worth!).
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Many thanks in advance.
09-08-2011 09:49 PM
I have the exact same problem and can't afford sending it to the cleaner, they'll send me to the cleaners and I'll have lost my precious pics and other documents. PLEASE SOMEBODY HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
09-18-2011 05:22 PM
It could be a hardware problem, give the experts here your model # and S/N from the tag on your computer, and they may be able to help. BTW I had the same problem with a computer I just repaired, it turned out that the screen backlight (a CCFL 1 bulb system) had a bad inverter.
Oh, and if I have helped you, clicking the 'Kudos' star on my post would not hurt my feelings ether.
03-21-2012 10:05 AM
When I boot up I get a black screen with cursor. I've run hard disk scan and it checked out fine. I tried taking the battery out, holding down power button for 60 seconds, put in power cord but got same screen. I need some help please.