Question

Student
starbabies
Message 1 of 5 (14,431 Views)

HP G60 has a blank screen after startup... HELP please!

I came home from a grueling day of work and had been working on my laptop while at work for most of the afternoon. I had not had any problems with it at all... It's not even a year old yet.

When I arrived home I went to power up my laptop and was promptly greeted with the Windows start up sound and a blank screen. The screen is completely black and for a short while I could faintly see what would have been the log in page. When I looked around the computer to see if there was a brightness or contrast knob to adjust the computer went to a complete black and now I cannot see it at all. I am working on another laptop for the moment to try and problem solve this.... I'm in dire need of this laptop for work and don't have a few weeks to give it up. Has anyone had this happen???

Does anyone have any suggestions about how to fix this? I am just desperate.

Thank you!

C

PhD Student
Bookworm
Message 2 of 5 (14,423 Views)

Re: HP G60 has a blank screen after startup... HELP please!

Please power it completly down and then boot up and tap the "f10"key to boot into the BIOS, see if you have the same issue there, if you do it's not SW, it could be your backlight.

If so and it's under a year old it would be covered under warranty, contact support.

http://welcome.hp.com/country/us/en/contact_us.html

I am an HP employee
Knowledge is power...Power to the people
Student
LABelmonte
Message 3 of 5 (5,805 Views)

Hi! I have a five year old hp laptop (G7015EA) and I am currently experiencing the same problem. It started when internet and my laptop freezed and so I have to force restart it. Then when it started it goes normally to ask for my password, but after i type my password it will just go blank screen or sometimes (when I have to restart it all over) It just stay on welcome page forever. I tried to system restore it and I have even tried doing the start up automatic repair but it suggested that it can't find any repair for my problem. I have been to BIOS too but its not really of a help. I wonder if there is any chance you can help me? What could be the problem of my laptop. I had the same problem two years ago but I never found out whats wrong so I asked someone to reinstall the windows vista and delete all my files etc. Please is there anything I could do to fix this problem?

6T4 Student
Student
6T4
Message 4 of 5 (5,711 Views)

IT PROBABLY THE NVIDIA GPU OVERHEATING PROBLEM I DONT KNOW WHY THESE HAVE NOT BEEN RECALLED

Intern
TheBrad
Message 5 of 5 (5,705 Views)

Hello,

It sounds like you may have a non-functional backlight in your display. I say this because you can hear the login sound and faintly can see the login screen.

The best way to confirm this is to shine a flashlight on the display, and if you can clearly see the windows screen, then most likely this is the issue.

If this is the case, you can either have a tech replace either the bulb or the entire display depending on the price.

However if you are still in warranty I would just call 1-800-hpinvent and get it repaired under the warranty.

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation