Question

Intern
Nottingham89
Message 1 of 4 (22,388 Views)

HP G62 Fan Cleaning

I purchased my laptop back In June 2011 and I can see there is dust gathering on the fan blades, on my old compaq C700 I was able to un-screw the keyboard screws and it would just slide off but I can't seem to do it with this laptop.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Provost
DavidPK
Message 2 of 4 (22,384 Views)

Re: HP G62 Fan Cleaning

Hi, 

To actually gain access to the fan assembly takes alot of dismantling - the procedure is detailed starting on Page 81 of your Maintenance & Service Guide.

For a more general method of cleaning the Air vents and Fan ( this is normally all you need to do ), see the link below.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?lc=en&dlc=en&cc=us&docname=c01657439

Regards,

DP-K

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****

Microsoft MVP - Microsoft Windows Expert - Consumer

Student
typer
Message 3 of 4 (16,029 Views)

G62 models doesnt require full strip to get to fan. You can clean it under the keyboard. But to renew cpu paste aswell thrn yes full strip but lucky these models can be done in under 30mins. it prob wont last long as its comen issue with these.
Student
Formiga
Message 4 of 4 (1,466 Views)

I tried to clean my fan but it worked very bad cause my fan stoped to work, what can I do now? how much is a new fan?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation