Question

Student
tamiller81
Message 1 of 3 (571 Views)

HP G62 Keyboard

I just purchased a G62 notebook and the keyboard layout is messing me up. The shortcut keys to the left mess me up because they are where the [ctrl] and [shift] keys usually are. The problem is if I'm in certain programs I will hit these keys accidently and the app will exit and go to the corrisponding application of the key I just hit and sometimes will hang applications. Is there any way to temporarily shut these keys off? HP support says no but I'm sure there is a supporting process running in the background I can pause in Task Manager os something, right?

Honor Student
jwrnevels
Message 2 of 3 (176 Views)

Re: HP G62 Keyboard

I'm not sure how to disable shortcut keys, but I have had a problem while typing emails, in which case the cursor will occasionally relocate, typically to the top of the message while typing.  I'm not sure if there is some sort of shortcut that I'm accidentally hitting on the mouse pad, but it apparently performs a 'home' key function, as I've described.  Any help would be much appreciated.

Honor Student
jwrnevels
Message 3 of 3 (175 Views)

Re: HP G62 Keyboard

correction: this occurs when  I apparently hit the TOUCHpad with my palm while typing, not the MOUSEpad.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation