Question

Honor Student
Kronos
Message 1 of 4 (2,758 Views)

HP G72-B27CL Power Problems

This problem began after I changed the power setting on my laptop. After I changed these settings, my laptop went into sleep mode >.> which it wouldn't exit out of. Then I would unplug my laptop and when I replugged it, the light on the side would show that my laptop detects the adapter, but the power won't turn on. Even when I switch from adapter to battery, it won't turn on. I've even tried the Hard Reset trick. But after a while (1-2 days) it turns on. This problem also happens when the display turns off after a set amount of time. Can someone help me with this?

Master's Graduate
phttech
Message 2 of 4 (2,699 Views)

Re: HP G72-B27CL Power Problems

this link has info on

HP Notebook PCs - Resolving Problems with Sleep and Hibernation Mode

While I work on behalf of HP I'm not speaking for HP but trying to provide best effort support.
Honor Student
Kronos
Message 3 of 4 (2,684 Views)

It didn't really help me, but my laptop came back on

Master's Graduate
phttech
Message 4 of 4 (2,678 Views)

some additonal information windows updates and Hp driver updates including bios may be required as well

Troubleshooting Windows 7 Sleep Problems

or

Troubleshooting Windows Vista Sleep and Hibernate

While I work on behalf of HP I'm not speaking for HP but trying to provide best effort support.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation