Question

Student
Appolon11
Message 1 of 2 (600 Views)

HP G72 problem

Greetings,

last week i bought a notebook HP G72 p/n WU900EAR#AB8 (WIN7 x86, 17,3", core I3 350M, 5470 1 gb, 500 gb 7,2 k...). On the second day some problems began to appears so now the notebook is unreliable and barely operable. First the tap function disappeared. I tough it is from a new installed software, so pre-installed the OS, but some hours later, the problem appeared again. This time including another “extra” – the scroll function drove the screen descends instantly after open an explorer or internet window. Tried to preinstall the OS again, but the problem appeared even in the install menu or in the live-cd OS (WIN XP, 7, RED HAT ENTERPRISE…). On the next day I couldn’t even boot the notebook because in the moment, when the power button is pressed, the machine starts making “beep” sound 2 times per second constantly and all hardware is not responding (except the ctrl+alt+del function). I have contacted with my HP dealer, so we arranged to bring back the notebook. So I pre-installed a clean copy of WIN7(after more than 20 restarts because of the beep-situation). Unfortunately, after that, the machine is working for two days without of any trace of problem…till today. The tap function disappeared again and 2-3 times the scroll function drove the screen to the bottom instantly. Because of the unpredictability of the problem, i can't show it for sure on the staff in my dealer's office. In the same time i prefere to not loose it for too long time for repairs, because it is replacement of work-machine of architect and it is needed constantly.

My question is – is there any known issue, similar to my problem? Second – I can’t find such a p/n in the HP database (WU900EAR#AB8). Can You assist me for the registration of the notebook?

Thank you

Regards

Provost
Big_Dave
Message 2 of 2 (590 Views)

Re: HP G72 problem

Hi,

Since your HP G72 is less than 21 days old, you can return it for a full refund.  After 21 days it is a warranty issue.

I would recommend that you consider returning the laptop and get one that operates properly.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP e9280t, i7-960, 12GB, Vertex 3 120, ATI 4850
HP DV9700, t9300, Nvidia 8600, 4GB, Crucial C300 128GB SSD
HP Photosmart Premium C309G, HP Photosmart 6520
HP Touchpad
Custom i7-4770k,Z-87, 8GB, Vertex 3 SSD, Samsung EVO SSD, Corsair HX650,GTX 760
Custom i7-4790k,Z-97, 16GB, Vertex 3 SSD, Samsung EVO SSD, Corsair HX650, GTX 660TI
Windows 7/8 UEFI/Legacy mode, MBR/GPT
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation