Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

I have just had the misfortune to begin experiencing this! :HalfEyes:  Looks like HP had a built-in self-destruct based on all the people suddenly posting about this.

I tried the discharge trick from the video above, and that will get the thing to boot, but as fast as Windows starts, the laptop abruptly dies, and resumes the little flashing light on the power button. This laptop is 14mos old......  :smileymad::smileymad::smileymad:

HP Recommended

I am currently in the midst of my fourth power-up failure THIS WEEK. No response when power button is pushed but AC power light remains on when plugged in. I have read various tips that involve removing the AC apapter and battery, holding down the power button for a minute, then reinserting the AC and battery to turn the computer back on. While a combination of these steps have worked for me these past couple days, I have come to the conclusion that the computer really just needs time and eventually some kind of hocus pocus will turn it on. 

I am curouis though, because I have been running Revit and Sketch Up a lot latley, if you with similar problems have also been running heavy loads.

HP Recommended

I replaced the power switch on mine and it worked like new. Got the part for $25 on ebay. I then sold the laptop and bought a mac book pro...washing my hands with PC's for the moment

HP Recommended

May I know the part number or the link of the part that you purchase. Is it hard to replace?

Will you have the service manual for replacing that part?

May I kow if you have the same issue original? if the laptop stop working due to the power jack, not sure why the laptop won't start properly with battery.

HP Recommended

Has anyone (beside MrAngus) gotten a diagnosis, solution or otherwise gotten this problem resolved?

HP Recommended

whereisreset button

HP Recommended

starts up then black screen help

HP Recommended
Try connecting the laptop to a tv or to a monitor and you may see the screen. Happened to me, now it is back off and not turning on.
HP Recommended

Hey Guys,

My husband and I share his HP G72 series.  We started having problems about a week or two ago. The laptop is about a year and a half old. If it shuts down for any reason, We cant get it to turn on. :HalfEyes:

I HAVE FOUND SOMEWHAT OF A SOLUTION though

After much agression /dissapointment I found that if  I

*plug it in for a few minutes (to make sure it has some charge)

*then unplug it,

*unclip the battery,

*then put the battery back in..

*then push the power button

(DO NOT PLUG BACK IN!)

it turns on everytime.( i know its a hassle but it works)

Then once its on i go ahead and plug it back in. I think its something to do with the powercord messing things up somehow. IDK.

Hope this helps.

HP Recommended

616495-001, Part number for the G72 pwr button board, Google the part No. shows ebay availability.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.