Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

I had the same problem. I removed ONE of the memory sticks leaving only ONE stick installed (I was doing this to check if the problem was a bad stick of memory), this reduced the memory size and forced the BIOS to reset. Ta-Da! Started normally. I am now testing by re-installing the removed memory stick and will let you know if the problem returns.

Good Luck All!

HP Recommended

typicaldata1 is also me, forgot my login.

Anyway, tested each memory stick individually in each slot using bootable memtest-86 cd, both sticks pass. Put both sticks into the machine and replaced the cover, machine would not boot, just kept cycleing, you know: pwr LED lites, fan starts, pwr off, LED on, fan starts.....

Re-tested each stick one at a time, both pass, install both sticks but leave cover off of memory compartment and initial start is black screen, cycle power, machine boots, started mem-test CD, PASSED. Windows boots to startup repair screen. Will post further results as I get them.

Good Luck All.

HP Recommended
Single sticks of memory test and work fine. When 2 sticks of memory are installed it appears the BIOS has trouble with the Double Data Rate (DDR) and the memory test FAILS preventing the machine from POST test pass. This machine is running the lasest BIOS from HP.
HP Recommended

I was able to solve this problem with the battery by switching it out with another compatible battery that fit the computer

What has happened is the computer was put into hibernation and the battery ran down completely to zero

This was strange because when I removed the battery and power cord several times the computer should have come out of hibernation and powered down but it did not-

(Possible that it was holding onto 1% battery but did not have enough to reboot)

When I put in the compatible battery the computer restarted out of hibernation- When I put the dead battery into another computer (the one I borrowed live battery from it started normally from a reboot with a warning that the computer had shut down unexpected- (What you would expect when intentially removing battery)

Somehow there is a glitch in the hiberation routine I believe.

Hope this helps

HP Recommended

Started having the same problem about a month ago. Computer ran down battery and didnt charge it and so i found myself on this forum. Originally if i pushed the power button i got nothing. if i plugged in the AC charger, i would get a blinking light by the plug. sometimes F12 WLAN light blinked and sometimes the network light blinked once. I tried 3 different AC charges known to work with no luck. Tonight i received a new battery for $25 on ebay and the recommended replacement power switch from a previous poster which i got on ebay for $25. First i put in the new battery. VOILA! the laptop turned on. the battery showed 80 percent and then i plugged in the charger. the screen flickered for a brief second, but other than that there was no other evidence that it was plugged in. the battery indicated showed discharging, but not that it was plugged in. Same old same old. I powered down the laptop, disassembled it and replaced the requisite power switch, reassembled, turned on. battery still around 80%, still not showing that the AC charger is plugged in. Ive exhausted my knowledge. I'd love to get this laptop running again. Anyone else figure out what part i should replace to get the laptop to recognize an AC charger? I think this is the problem most of you are having...

HP Recommended
are you sure the replacement battery will charge? even though a replacement battery took my laptop out of hibernation, it still wont charge, which means after a couple hours of using this laptop, ill be back at square one, this time with two dead batteries...
HP Recommended

Hello mandasdave,

Are you still having the same issue?  Please let me know your product number when you reply.

Thanks,

Signature
↙-----------How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved? ----------------↓
HP Recommended

Well I have one of this laptops as well and I actually sent the motherboard off for repair.  The only problem was they couldn't find anything wrong with it!!! Powered up just fine on their test rig using the power jack and cable from the laptop.  Spent $40 for nothing.  As far as I can tell it's got to be either the power button or the AC adapter.  Anyone care to comment?

HP Recommended

Buddy i have the same problem than u

I make it boot but only for 15 minutes, then it turns off...

The thing that i´ve made its to try it with only one of the 2 DDR3 Memory module...

I believe one of mine´s is bad... Try it to se if it solves your problem

sorry for my poor english.

if anyone knows how to solve my problem i´ll apreciatte it a lot.

HP Recommended

I am going to buy another Memory module to see if it solve my problem

will put in trash the 2 samsung Modules.

Buddy does your laptop works normaly after you do this?

Mine dont...

al least it boot up but afther 15 minutes it complete shutdown everytime

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.