Question

Tutor
mikey_t
Message 1 of 19 (3,252 Views)

HP Laptop / stylus

I bought an HP DV6-3054CA laptop with the touchscreen. Using the fingertips on the screen though isn't easy.  Can i purchase a stylus pen (digitizer pen?) to use with this laptop?  If so, can you advise on the part # also?

Distinguished Professor
Cyclops
Message 2 of 19 (3,249 Views)

Re: HP Laptop / stylus

dv6-3054ca, is not equipped with Touch input...dv6-3064ca and dv6-3084ca are....

Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with 'Accept as Solution', if it solves your problem.
Click on the BLUE KUDOS button on the left to say "Thanks"
Tutor
mikey_t
Message 3 of 19 (3,237 Views)

My error.  The laptop is a DV6-3064CA

Distinguished Professor
Cyclops
Message 4 of 19 (3,235 Views)

Ah ok, but i still have bad news, dv6-3064ca does not support stylus or pen input...

There laptops are designed as what i call info-kiosk computing...walk upto it and get your information...

Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with 'Accept as Solution', if it solves your problem.
Tutor
mikey_t
Message 5 of 19 (3,230 Views)

Sigh...that contradicts the information supplied by two other HP online chat technicians. In the software there seems to be an option of fingertip or stylus under "Pen and Touch".

Distinguished Professor
Cyclops
Message 6 of 19 (3,228 Views)

Really!!! Next to Pen and Touch does it state "Pen and touch Input available with 2 touch point" or "touch Input available with 2 touch point"?

Tutor
mikey_t
Message 7 of 19 (3,219 Views)

When i go into "Flicks" / Customize Flick settings / Pen & Touch / Flicks seems to allow you to adjust sensitivity settings for both Pen and Touch. There is also a Pen Options tab in Flicks...

Distinguished Professor
Cyclops
Message 8 of 19 (3,208 Views)

[ Edited ]

OK, for Pen/Stylus to work... you will need to have Pen as an entry in System Properties... Check below screenshot...

This is with a system that supports both Pen and Touch Input... Check you will see "Pen and touch Input available with 2 touch point" next to Pen & Touch

744i50AA3043E5261172

Now This is from my dv6... Check you will see "Touch Input available with 2 touch point" next to Pen & Touch...

745i61D0F82A96F86882

Tutor
mikey_t
Message 9 of 19 (3,182 Views)

Thanks Cyclops. That explains it.  I take it there is no way to add or modify that capability?

Distinguished Professor
Cyclops
Message 10 of 19 (3,173 Views)

Yup...thinking in those lines...if it is just disabled at hardware level or that hardware is not there at all...will start digging soon...

BTW, if i may ask, why are you looks for a stylus? I mean the form factor just not convenient for pen input,you try writing something, that laptop will just topple over...again that is just my take, would like your inside on this...

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation